Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,940 Members 46,743 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GPS Issues

Tip us?

cckeeler
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default GPS Issues

Has anyone else experienced issues with their GPS? Specifically the signal being lost during navigation? I have been going back and forth with Verizon because mine keep dropping. They informed me last night that it is a known issue. I was just curious of that is true or if a replacement phone will do the trick.

Mightycaptain
Old
Thanks Meter 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by cckeeler View Post
Has anyone else experienced issues with their GPS? Specifically the signal being lost during navigation? I have been going back and forth with Verizon because mine keep dropping. They informed me last night that it is a known issue. I was just curious of that is true or if a replacement phone will do the trick.
A little more info. Rooted? Which Rom? Baseband? Etc...

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current Devices:
LG G2 VS980-Spirit Rom 4.4.4 (Daily Driver)
Nexus 7 2012-Dirty Unicorns 4.4.4
Nexus 7 2013-Dirty Unicorns 4.4.4
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014- Stock-Rooted
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4(MDK)-(Retired... For Now)-Liquid Smooth 4.4.2

cckeeler
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
I'm completely stock unrooted, on 12B

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

supermoocow5
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cckeeler View Post
I think the antenna is easily blocked in the phone, I've noticed that if I set my phone on its right side in the center console of my car while navigating, it works fine, but if I set it on its left side, it cannot maintain gps lock while moving (it works stationary).

HueyT
Old
Thanks Meter 305
Root your phone using IOROOT25 and then install Leo aGPS Injector to "remind" the GPS of it's location before using it and it'll work a lot better.

cckeeler
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Well i'm on my replacement and waiting for another one to come. The replacement phone's GPS was even worse than my original phone. I can't go to a single destination without losing GPS signal. Extremely frustrated.

I can't believe more people aren't experiencing this issue.