Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,971 Members 44,694 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

lcd hardware question

Tip us?

chewyboy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default lcd hardware question

I was looking around and found fairly easily that the lcd screen used is identified as LH500W1-SD03, now the question or thing i am curious about is does anyone have any specs on this particular lcd module? I am curious because and I know this will sound crazy but if it is 120hz plus wouldn't 3d vision be possible on the shield. Yes i realize that is a pipe dream but still can not help but wonder about it. Also not being able to find any real data sheets on it is puzzling as well.

uoykcuf86
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewyboy View Post
I was looking around and found fairly easily that the lcd screen used is identified as LH500W1-SD03, now the question or thing i am curious about is does anyone have any specs on this particular lcd module? I am curious because and I know this will sound crazy but if it is 120hz plus wouldn't 3d vision be possible on the shield. Yes i realize that is a pipe dream but still can not help but wonder about it. Also not being able to find any real data sheets on it is puzzling as well.
The max refresh rate of the Shield is 60.55Hz I believe.

mudflap2.0
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Smile hmm

is this why quadrant never shows above 63fps, even when vsync is disabled via pimp my rom?

CDeviant
Old
(Last edited by CDeviant; 8th April 2014 at 09:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudflap2.0 View Post
is this why quadrant never shows above 63fps, even when vsync is disabled via pimp my rom?
Simple answer, No.

Long answer, read up.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=928593

TL;DR:
- Vsync limits frame rate = to Monitor refresh rate
- GPU can push as many frames as it's possible to do so
- Monitors have a set refresh rate
- When the amount of frames is > than the refresh rate, tearing happens
- When the amount of frames is < than the refresh rate, slowdown happens (Vsync enabled only)
This is because the GPU has to wait for the monitor to be ready to draw the next frame, while that's happening, the GPU will draw previous frames. In other words, slow down.