Originally Posted by mudflap2.0
is this why quadrant never shows above 63fps, even when vsync is disabled via pimp my rom?
Simple answer, No.
Long answer, read up.
- Vsync limits frame rate = to Monitor refresh rate
- GPU can push as many frames as it's possible to do so
- Monitors have a set refresh rate
- When the amount of frames is > than the refresh rate, tearing happens
- When the amount of frames is < than the refresh rate, slowdown happens (Vsync enabled only)
This is because the GPU has to wait for the monitor to be ready to draw the next frame, while that's happening, the GPU will draw previous frames. In other words, slow down.