Ask a question

No registration required

If you root this phone you'll lose the fingerprint scanner

OP Sensamic

8th April 2014, 01:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83

738 posts
I've read that the fingerprint scanner is being embedded with Knox. Samsung said this, so it's true.

So there are people saying that if you root and trigger Knox you'll lose and break the fingerprint scanner.

Those who are buying this phone and usually root their phones, aren't you worried? If the fingerprint scanner is one of the reasons you're buying this phone you'll end up breaking it, and when you try to sell it in the future to upgrade to another phone you'll have to warn buyers that the fingerprint scanner doesn't work, and they may decide to not buy your phone.
8th April 2014, 02:09 AM   |  #2  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 485

1,806 posts
More
I highly doubt Samsung is going to physically disable a feature of the phone just because you decided to root it. I don't know about North America but I think this would surely be an illegal practice in the EU and something like this would create such a negative backlash towards Samsung.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
8th April 2014, 02:12 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

738 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by msavic6

I highly doubt Samsung is going to physically disable a feature of the phone just because you decided to root it. I don't know about North America but I think this would surely be an illegal practice in the EU and something like this would create such a negative backlash towards Samsung.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

It's not illegal.

They're embedding the fingerprint scanner with Knox. So if you root you'll break it. As simple as that.

Doesn't have to do anything with legal or illegal.
8th April 2014, 02:46 AM   |  #4  
Flag Porto Alegre
Thanks Meter: 1,784

3,224 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensamic

I've read that the fingerprint scanner is being embedded with Knox. Samsung said this, so it's true.

So there are people saying that if you root and trigger Knox you'll lose and break the fingerprint scanner.

Those who are buying this phone and usually root their phones, aren't you worried? If the fingerprint scanner is one of the reasons you're buying this phone you'll end up breaking it, and when you try to sell it in the future to upgrade to another phone you'll have to warn buyers that the fingerprint scanner doesn't work, and they may decide to not buy your phone.

@leoaudio13 has rooted his phone and told me it still works. So, whatever you've read, it's BS, probably written by a hater.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dandroid13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2014, 03:38 AM   |  #5  
Somewhere on Earth
Thanks Meter: 191

671 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandroid13

@leoaudio13 has rooted his phone and told me it still works. So, whatever you've read, it's BS, probably written by a hater.

It works, 100% confirm! Only the finger print on the HTC One Max will be fked when rooted and bootloader unlocked !
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to leoaudio13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2014, 04:18 AM   |  #6  
Flag Silver Spring, MD
Thanks Meter: 1,640

6,545 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoaudio13

It works, 100% confirm! Only the finger print on the HTC One Max will be fked when rooted and bootloader unlocked !

Case closed. I guess we can close the thread as well, nothing else to see here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to barondebxl For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2014, 04:19 AM   |  #7  
Flag Porto Alegre
Thanks Meter: 1,784

3,224 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoaudio13

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dandroid13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2014, 11:04 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

738 posts
Good to know. Excellent news.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread