Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,281 Members 51,733 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

If you root this phone you'll lose the fingerprint scanner

Tip us?

Sensamic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68
Default If you root this phone you'll lose the fingerprint scanner

I've read that the fingerprint scanner is being embedded with Knox. Samsung said this, so it's true.

So there are people saying that if you root and trigger Knox you'll lose and break the fingerprint scanner.

Those who are buying this phone and usually root their phones, aren't you worried? If the fingerprint scanner is one of the reasons you're buying this phone you'll end up breaking it, and when you try to sell it in the future to upgrade to another phone you'll have to warn buyers that the fingerprint scanner doesn't work, and they may decide to not buy your phone.

msavic6
Old
Thanks Meter 437
I highly doubt Samsung is going to physically disable a feature of the phone just because you decided to root it. I don't know about North America but I think this would surely be an illegal practice in the EU and something like this would create such a negative backlash towards Samsung.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Sensamic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by msavic6 View Post
I highly doubt Samsung is going to physically disable a feature of the phone just because you decided to root it. I don't know about North America but I think this would surely be an illegal practice in the EU and something like this would create such a negative backlash towards Samsung.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
It's not illegal.

They're embedding the fingerprint scanner with Knox. So if you root you'll break it. As simple as that.

Doesn't have to do anything with legal or illegal.

dandroid13
Old
Thanks Meter 1,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensamic View Post
I've read that the fingerprint scanner is being embedded with Knox. Samsung said this, so it's true.

So there are people saying that if you root and trigger Knox you'll lose and break the fingerprint scanner.

Those who are buying this phone and usually root their phones, aren't you worried? If the fingerprint scanner is one of the reasons you're buying this phone you'll end up breaking it, and when you try to sell it in the future to upgrade to another phone you'll have to warn buyers that the fingerprint scanner doesn't work, and they may decide to not buy your phone.
@leoaudio13 has rooted his phone and told me it still works. So, whatever you've read, it's BS, probably written by a hater.
Help me with my Dropbox referrals! --> Click here <--

Ubuntu - "humanidade com os outros" ou "sou o que sou pelo que nůs somos"
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dandroid13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

leoaudio13
Old
Thanks Meter 185

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandroid13 View Post
@leoaudio13 has rooted his phone and told me it still works. So, whatever you've read, it's BS, probably written by a hater.
It works, 100% confirm! Only the finger print on the HTC One Max will be fked when rooted and bootloader unlocked !
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to leoaudio13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

barondebxl
Old
Thanks Meter 1,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoaudio13 View Post
It works, 100% confirm! Only the finger print on the HTC One Max will be fked when rooted and bootloader unlocked !
Case closed. I guess we can close the thread as well, nothing else to see here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Jack Bauer is back!!!!!!!!!

Current Device: OnePlus One

Recently Owned

HTC One M8

Sony Xperia Z2

Samsung Galaxy S 5

Oppo Find 7a
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to barondebxl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dandroid13
Old
Thanks Meter 1,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoaudio13 View Post
Help me with my Dropbox referrals! --> Click here <--

Ubuntu - "humanidade com os outros" ou "sou o que sou pelo que nůs somos"
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dandroid13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sensamic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68
Good to know. Excellent news.