Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] S4 Mini (I9190) - Strange Battery Problem

OP draligus

2nd March 2014, 08:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

42 posts
I have been using my I9190 for 6 months. Battery life was going down with original stock rom (I9190XXUAMF7).

I have tried all battery optimisation tips and apps. Nothing helped.

Last week i tried Greenify. Made some settings. It was the first time it had 36 hours standby time with medium usage.

Then i have installed newer official rom (I9190XXUBNA1), made all greenify settings and bought new original samsung battery (1900 mAh).

But standby time was (with no usage) 18 - 20 hours. I tried old battery again, it was 16 - 18 hours.

I tried 2 more original samsung battery (19000 mAh). Unfortunately same bad result

I formatted everything again and again. Reinstalled rom. Wipe data cache, wipe dalvic cache, format system - data etc..

recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.6, recovery-clockwork-6.0.3.7-serrano3gxx.tar, philz_touch_6.12.8-serrano3gxx.tar

Odin3 v3.04, Odin3 v3.07, Odin3 v3.09

I formatted external sd card. I removed it...

No improvement...

I do not think that it is a hardware problem. Because - 1 week ago - old dead battery had 36 hours standby time with medium use..

Any recommendation?

Thanks in advanced
Last edited by draligus; 2nd March 2014 at 08:49 AM.
2nd March 2014, 09:23 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 74

297 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by draligus

I have been using my I9190 for 6 months. Battery life was going down with original stock rom (I9190XXUAMF7).

I have tried all battery optimisation tips and apps. Nothing helped.

Last week i tried Greenify. Made some settings. It was the first time it had 36 hours standby time with medium usage.

Then i have installed newer official rom (I9190XXUBNA1), made all greenify settings and bought new original samsung battery (1900 mAh).

But standby time was (with no usage) 18 - 20 hours. I tried old battery again, it was 16 - 18 hours.

I tried 2 more original samsung battery (19000 mAh). Unfortunately same bad result

I formatted everything again and again. Reinstalled rom. Wipe data cache, wipe dalvic cache, format system - data etc..

recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.6, recovery-clockwork-6.0.3.7-serrano3gxx.tar, philz_touch_6.12.8-serrano3gxx.tar

Odin3 v3.04, Odin3 v3.07, Odin3 v3.09

I formatted external sd card. I removed it...

No improvement...

I do not think that it is a hardware problem. Because - 1 week ago - old dead battery had 36 hours standby time with medium use..

Any recommendation?

Thanks in advanced

New battery require couple of full charge before it can reaches it maximum efficiency. Different type of custom recovery won't change or affect your battery. Optimization and greenify can only do so much as well.

The power heavy drain problem from day one of S4 mini is the kernel's default profile for CPU governor. So, if you want to stay with the TW rom, you may alternatively use a custom kernel: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2545244 and change the CPU governor. Any other method is just treating the symptom but not cure the root.

Note if you haven't tripped knox already (if you have knox), flashing a custom kernel will.
2nd March 2014, 10:05 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

42 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNCS

New battery require couple of full charge before it can reaches it maximum efficiency. Different type of custom recovery won't change or affect your battery. Optimization and greenify can only do so much as well.

The power heavy drain problem from day one of S4 mini is the kernel's default profile for CPU governor. So, if you want to stay with the TW rom, you may alternatively use a custom kernel: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2545244 and change the CPU governor. Any other method is just treating the symptom but not cure the root.

Note if you haven't tripped knox already (if you have knox), flashing a custom kernel will.

Thanks for your message.

I installed the same system, same apps, same optimization methods, greenify with same settings. Everything is same.

My phone was rooted. And it is rooted now, too.

Nothing changed.

I have installed setcpu, one hour ago. I will try it for 24 hours. I hope it will help.

Thanks again
4th March 2014, 09:24 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

42 posts
Any other help?
3rd April 2014, 07:21 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

42 posts
Hi again
I have showed my s4 mini to samsung service.
They told me that there is no hardware problem.
Problem is software.

I have tried two more batteries.
The last one is zero lemon 5100 mAh.
But nothing changes.
I have tried carbon, cm, slimkat, mokee, stock rom, two more roms...
Battery drains too fast.
Sometimes while percentage is 75 %, i restart phone, it becomes 81 % or 69 %
Sometimes while percentage is 75 %, i enter recovery mode, it shows 85 %

Any help please
3rd April 2014, 07:24 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 246

743 posts
More
Have you tried flashing the custom kernel as mentioned before?
3rd April 2014, 11:00 AM   |  #7  
OP Member

42 posts
Redflag rom has vikinger kernel
It is my current rom
8th April 2014, 11:55 PM   |  #8  
OP Member

42 posts
any help?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread