Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,495 Members 37,841 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] TWRP doesn't see external SD card

Tip us?

droidmark
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] TWRP doesn't see external SD card

I have a T320 Tab Pro 8.4 with this ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2698460 and with TWRP 2.7.0.1.

I have a 32GB external micro SD card which has been formatted in the tab itself. Also the platform.xml file has been edited to allow write access to the card, which works properly eg using Astro to copy files.

Problem is, TWRP can't see the external SD card. When I select external_sd in the TWRP file manager it does not show the files and folders there. If I backup using Online Nandroid Backup and try to save it to external SD, it instead goes to some obscure directory in the internal storage.

Any help much appreciated!

droidmark
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default SOLVED

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidmark View Post
I have a T320 Tab Pro 8.4 with this ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2698460 and with TWRP 2.7.0.1.

I have a 32GB external micro SD card which has been formatted in the tab itself. Also the platform.xml file has been edited to allow write access to the card, which works properly eg using Astro to copy files.

Problem is, TWRP can't see the external SD card. When I select external_sd in the TWRP file manager it does not show the files and folders there. If I backup using Online Nandroid Backup and try to save it to external SD, it instead goes to some obscure directory in the internal storage.

Any help much appreciated!
Here's a little followup for anyone who might have similar issue. I thought I had solved this problem by reformatting the card in the tablet; it was then recognized in various apps that had been a problem before. However, a few days later the card was shown as blank/unformatted. At that point I did some additional testing and determined that it was a counterfeit 32GB card, based on an actual 8GB card. I was able to get a refund and ordered a new 64GB card. Caveat emptor!