[Q] Push notification issues

OP Honka

8th April 2014, 11:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
As per the title, I have a question regarding push notifications. I currently own a SGS4 for which I can use for testing, however this appears to be happening for all Android devices in this environment.

Whenever an android is connected to the Corporate Wifi here in our office push notifications don't seem to come through at all. This has been noticed to be happening to gmail and facebook however is also stopping push notifications from other apps including but not limited to geonet quake and various games.

The moment the device disconnects from this wireless network, the notifications all come through successfully.

When manually opening apps while on the Corporate Wifi, Gmail for example, the new emails will successfully come through to the app if you request it to update.

Wondering what it could possibly be on this wifi network which is managing to stop all push notifications so that we may attempt to put in a workaround for staff, or alternatively, a workaround to provide all users with android devices to get these working again. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread