Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Unlock Hidden Camera Settings on Your Moto G

At one point in time or another, weve all gotten very fiddly with the camera settings on our … more

XDA Partners with LG for Developer Challenge

Many Android enthusiasts know the name LG. LG is the maker of some Google Nexus devices and some … more
Post Reply

ATT (ROOTED) Lg Flex wont boot. Help! (please)

17th February 2014, 06:40 PM   |  #1  
So I woke up this morning (after going to bed listening to audiobooks on sleep mode) to find my brand new flex would not power on, did not respond to charging, and I even tried to use paper clips on the two small holes in case it was a soft reset ability.

I had to leave on a business trip for a few hours, but before I left I USBd to the laptop, and it found about twelve drive partitions all asking me to format. My questions are numerous, but primarily I want to beg slash ask ;

1. Any advice on what to do?
2. Were those drives all related to the efs partitions in another thread?
18th February 2014, 03:26 PM   |  #2  
AndroidUser00110001's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 3,645
 
2,664 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubrisnxs

So I woke up this morning (after going to bed listening to audiobooks on sleep mode) to find my brand new flex would not power on, did not respond to charging, and I even tried to use paper clips on the two small holes in case it was a soft reset ability.

I had to leave on a business trip for a few hours, but before I left I USBd to the laptop, and it found about twelve drive partitions all asking me to format. My questions are numerous, but primarily I want to beg slash ask ;

1. Any advice on what to do?
2. Were those drives all related to the efs partitions in another thread?

What's the device listed in device manager? Sounds like your phone is hosed...Partition tables got messed up.

You might be able to restore it in Linux using dd. Can you get into download mode?
18th February 2014, 04:00 PM   |  #3  
wase4711's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Outside of Chicago
Thanks Meter: 3,579
 
8,757 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Donate to Me
More
return it; if its brand new, dont mess with it, just get it replaced..

EDIT: I see you rooted it; what exact method/steps did you do?
18th February 2014, 04:25 PM   |  #4  
sweets55's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 346
 
1,951 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
I hosed my G2 a month ago. Tried 3 or 4 ways to bring it back but nothing helped. Lesson learned to back up EFS on laptop and phone before anything. I had mine swapped out but took a few days. Good luck.

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk
8th April 2014, 05:16 AM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidUser00110001

What's the device listed in device manager? Sounds like your phone is hosed...Partition tables got messed up.

You might be able to restore it in Linux using dd. Can you get into download mode?


Have exact problem...I can get in download mode but dont know what to do from there. I tried adb and fastboot commands but it cant find device. Anyway to get it into fastboot mode or how do I use download mode so it will boot again. If powered on it tries to boot like it is updating (the blue line under android) then he falls over dead with the triangle. If I could get it to connect to my pc via usb I can do the fastboot flash of the .img files. Thanks in advance
8th April 2014, 07:27 AM   |  #6  
Triad79's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
36 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcintexas

Have exact problem...I can get in download mode but dont know what to do from there. I tried adb and fastboot commands but it cant find device. Anyway to get it into fastboot mode or how do I use download mode so it will boot again. If powered on it tries to boot like it is updating (the blue line under android) then he falls over dead with the triangle. If I could get it to connect to my pc via usb I can do the fastboot flash of the .img files. Thanks in advance

Check here:
Code:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2644083&page=10
We already tried some of the ideas of the Ubuntu VM dd commands as well as some other stuff.
If someone can continue this work to get G Flex into download or fastboot mode like others did LG G2, than share there or here...
I'll be more then happy...

cheers m8s
9th April 2014, 12:35 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triad79

Check here:

Code:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2644083&page=10
We already tried some of the ideas of the Ubuntu VM dd commands as well as some other stuff.
If someone can continue this work to get G Flex into download or fastboot mode like others did LG G2, than share there or here...
I'll be more then happy...

cheers m8s

I can get in download mode but dont know what to do from there. My biggest problem is trying to get my computer to talk to the phone via usb.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes