Thread Deleted

[Q] MK2 rooted with Safestrap (E: Unable to mount '/cache')

OP vector_pPing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
9th April 2014, 12:59 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Georgia
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
No matter what I try, I can't seem to get Safestrap to funtion properly on my VZW GS4 MK2. I rooted my phone with Saferoot and installed Safestrap v3.71. I am able to boot into recovery fine but whenever I try to create a new ROM slot it never works. It doesn't matter which one I select, I am able to set the partition sizes for the data and cache and select create slot. It gets about half way done creating and then my phone reboots. I am able to immediately enter back into recovery after it reboots. I activate the ROM slot that was just created but it says the data and cache partitions are empty, also the text in the terminal reads "E: Unable to mount '/cache'. I thought that maybe my phone just doesn't have enough memory so I manually deleted things off my phone, to no avail. I uninstalled Safestrap and completely unrooted my phone and did a factory reset so I know I have plenty of space on my phone. I also get the same error message when attempting to do a nandroid backup through Safestrap. I've tried everything I can think of to get this to work so if anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated.
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread