Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,698 Members 49,315 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ever since 4.4 - no joy with sdcard backups

Tip us?

davebegue
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Default [Q] ever since 4.4 - no joy with sdcard backups

Running a custom rom 4.4.2 on mdl bootloader. Never had a bit of trouble with tibu for years. Now it doesn't work any more. It can't access my external sd card. The titanium folder that I've been using on sdcard is renamed uitanium and is empty. When I start tibu it says not accesible. So I gave up on it and tried a bunch of other ones from the play store. All the same - it looks like when you use the back up software it works. Then if you go back and try to do a restore -it's not there any more. Kind of sucks. I guess I didn't use it for much really just a few apps that were easier to restore data than type everything back in again. Trying one of the google drive based ones now. Crap I guess that was Googles evil plan to begin with... wait a second isn't their moto do know evil?? Does anyone on a custom 4.4 rom have any luck using tibu writing to their external sd?
cool blue M7

Android_Monsters
Old
Thanks Meter 851
I've just been letting Google do my restores during set up. Haven't used titanium in at least 6 months. But, when I used to make backups I used my backup along with titanium.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

baseballfanz
Old
Thanks Meter 1709
No problems here doing backup and restore with TiBu on 4.4.2 ROM.
There's a fix posted somewhere fir those with extsdcard problems. Let see if I can locate it, it might help.

☞ Sent from here ☜
The Following User Says Thank You to baseballfanz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sdmark
Old
Thanks Meter 45
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=nextapp.sdfix

I used this