Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,641 Members 44,120 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Anyone know what the new AT&T LG G2 update is?

Tip us?

NevetsDrassel
Old
(Last edited by NevetsDrassel; 8th April 2014 at 05:13 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default [Q] Anyone know what the new AT&T LG G2 update is?

Got a notification this morning that there was a new update available for KitKat. I do not know what the update is as I postponed it. I am currently running KitKat 4.4.2 Kernel version 3.4.0. The build is D80020c. I am rooted. I have no other information except that it shows that an update is pending but it will not tell me what the update is and I do not know where to find out what it is.

Anyone have any ideas as to what this is? I am concerned because the last time an update rolled out, it soft bricked my rooted phone.

I spoke with tech support at AT&T and they claim that they do not know what it is and suggested that I call LG for an answer.....

Jank4AU
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,748

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevetsDrassel View Post
Got a notification this morning that there was a new update available for KitKat. I do not know what the update is as I postponed it. I am currently running KitKat 4.4.2 Kernel version 3.4.0. The build is D80020c. I am rooted. I have no other information except that it shows that an update is pending but it will not tell me what the update is and I do not know where to find out what it is.

Anyone have any ideas as to what this is? I am concerned because the last time an update rolled out, it soft bricked my rooted phone.

I spoke with tech support at AT&T and they claim that they do not know what it is and suggested that I call LG for an answer.....
Don't install it, it jacked up my phone. I was running the rooted mixed partition D80020c and I can't boot or get into download mode now. All I get it a constant reboot back to recovery. Cannot install another ROM, cannot restore a backup. My daughter was playing with my phone and pushed to continue with the install and now I'm trying to unscrew it.

ROM: LiquidSmooth [9/4]
AT&T LG G2 - D800
TWRP 2.8.0.0

NevetsDrassel
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jank4AU View Post
Don't install it, it jacked up my phone. I was running the rooted mixed partition D80020c and I can't boot or get into download mode now. All I get it a constant reboot back to recovery. Cannot install another ROM, cannot restore a backup. My daughter was playing with my phone and pushed to continue with the install and now I'm trying to unscrew it.
Is there any way to force a not install or deny it? The only option I have is to postpone the install and after 4 hours, it will run again and continue to run every 4 hours unless I find a way to break the cycle. How do I force a no install option?

That is what happened to me last time with the "q" update. I postponed the install (no option to not take it) and it installed itself after 4 hours when I left my phone on one night. I woke up to a bricked phone.....

Jank4AU
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,748

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevetsDrassel View Post
Is there any way to force a not install or deny it? The only option I have is to postpone the install and after 4 hours, it will run again and continue to run every 4 hours unless I find a way to break the cycle. How do I force a no install option?

That is what happened to me last time with the "q" update. I postponed the install (no option to not take it) and it installed itself after 4 hours when I left my phone on one night. I woke up to a bricked phone.....
I don't know how to permanently disable the update, but I'm sure there's a way. As info, I was able to easily fix my phone with the help of this thread posted by @thecubed: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451696. I didn't read it all, but this might be what disables the update.

ROM: LiquidSmooth [9/4]
AT&T LG G2 - D800
TWRP 2.8.0.0

countryfolk07
Old
Thanks Meter 298

DONATE TO ME
I'm not rooted. I took the latest update and all is fine. It's google+ fixes and Google wallet support. It actually let me set up tap & pay! I'll have to go somewhere to try it out.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to countryfolk07 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Really now
Old
(Last edited by Really now; 9th April 2014 at 03:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 126
I got the notification too but figured that it would probably screw things up since I'm rooted and running TWRP so I did a little searching and came across this, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...08&postcount=3 . It's been a few hours since I changed the setting and haven't seen the update notification again although AT&T pushed the update into CACHE/FOTA sometime this morning.

Well scratch that, the notification just came back. I'll try freezing it now.

ScottsoNJ
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Well if rooted just use TB to freeze software update. I am also running a mixed partition D80020c. I am on Straight Talk AT&T. Before rooting I tried taking the official OTA of KitKat but for some reason you can't enter an APN type so I couldn't get or send MMS. So I flashed back to the D firmware,rooted,added custom recovery,entered the APN type and then flashed the modified C firmware. You could also use Root Freezer instead of Titanium Backup to freeze

The Following User Says Thank You to ScottsoNJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]