Can you unroot without flashing stock image?

8th April 2014, 10:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

31 posts
If possible, I'd like to remove root from my stock image, leaving the recovery, so I can use it for a business app that doesn't operate with root. Can this be done?
Last edited by crackface; 8th April 2014 at 11:34 PM.
9th April 2014, 02:09 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 1,551

1,910 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackface

If possible, I'd like to remove root from my stock image, leaving the recovery, so I can use it for a business app that doesn't operate with root. Can this be done?

Yes. Open SuperSU, and use the "Settings", "Full unroot" option. That'll remove SU and allow your app to run if it only looks if you're rooted.

Some applications, like "Good", don't just check for rooted device - they also check for evidence that the device is rooted. I fight this battle all the time on my Galaxy Tab - it's rooted, kind of, but Good can't tell.. but I can't use the root permissions without disabling Good, rebooting, then enabling root.

You've got to remove any evidence of busybox having been installed as well as any evidence of any rooting programs for Good to be happy.

See the Saferoot thread for an unrooting script which may work for you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread