5,594,609 Members 33,161 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

cm-11.0 (Android 4.4) ROMs for Nexus Q: Amplifier, HDMI, and SPDIF

Tip us?

jarrettv
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default KitKat Choppy / Unstable

Anybody else have choppy performance and unstable google play music?

Do the 4.3 roms have proper graphics drivers? I'd love to use this thing as an HTPC but the performance just isn't there.

mcsaucy
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrettv View Post
Anybody else have choppy performance and unstable google play music?

Do the 4.3 roms have proper graphics drivers? I'd love to use this thing as an HTPC but the performance just isn't there.
Hop on down to the performance settings and change your governor to performance. I noticed better performance on 10.1, but the Q gets a bit warmer since you never end up clocking down from 1200 MHz. I still have experience the issues, but this seems to mitigate them.

brewski30
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm not having problems using the Amplifier version playing through Wifi. My CPU load is @ 1-5% @ 350MHz. I'd be willing to try some different Kernels if there were any to try out but I haven't found any. Works using a Favi Wireless Keyboard with Touchpad Mouse as well as a Cideko AVK-02 Air Keyboard using the MicroUSB to USB Dongle. Bought everything via Amazon. Thank you for all the help and Development you guys did on this. I was probably one of the few people who ordered this from Google the day it got announced only to find out they discontinued it. Thought it would be a Paperweight and now its a powerhouse of a Streamer attached to a TV with some JBL's attached via Banana Plugs.

DavidLattimerii
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Google Play Store issues

I seem to be having issues using google play store i have installed full gapps both the december one and the 03-14 one and both times my google play crashes as soon as i try to open the app. Any idea how to fix? Any one else having this issue? also when i try to download the apk on chrome (or anything) chrome crashes

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidLattimerii View Post
I seem to be having issues using google play store i have installed full gapps both the december one and the 03-14 one and both times my google play crashes as soon as i try to open the app. Any idea how to fix? Any one else having this issue? also when i try to download the apk on chrome (or anything) chrome crashes
After reinstalling both the rom and the gapps all problems have been fixed. it says that my play services need to be enabled/updated any idea as to why it says that

animal24
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidLattimerii View Post

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

After reinstalling both the rom and the gapps all problems have been fixed. it says that my play services need to be enabled/updated any idea as to why it says that
Many apps use services. if you click the notification it should take you to the link for them in the store though.

deadman96385
Old
Thanks Meter 2062

DONATE TO ME
Hey i am looking to build for the Nexus Q, and i am looking for vendor files. Are the ones here compatible with kitkat?

LiquidSmooth Google +
If you like the work we do please click the "Donate to me" button on the left

jarrettv
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadman96385 View Post
Hey i am looking to build for the Nexus Q, and i am looking for vendor files. Are the ones here compatible with kitkat?
Look here: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...d/tree/cm-11.0