Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,692 Members 40,142 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HELP!! Can't get into boot loader!

Tip us?

jonathan413
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Default HELP!! Can't get into boot loader!

Hey guys I'm trying to unlock the boot loader through the all in one toolkit but it keeps saying device not find! All drivers installed correctly and the phone is being picked up through mass storage and connects to computer fine. I also have sdk tools installed and HTC drivers installed but the tool kit still didn't find phone. Also I run ADB devices and it didn't show up. Any ideas?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

cc999
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Default USB debug

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan413 View Post
Hey guys I'm trying to unlock the boot loader through the all in one toolkit but it keeps saying device not find! All drivers installed correctly and the phone is being picked up through mass storage and connects to computer fine. I also have sdk tools installed and HTC drivers installed but the tool kit still didn't find phone. Also I run ADB devices and it didn't show up. Any ideas?

Did you activate developer options on the phone? You need to check debugging mode

CC

jonathan413
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Yeah I got it now thanks.. also I have root and recovery. Do I need s-off to flash Roms or is a-off necessary for flashing kernels?

SaHiLzZ
Old
Thanks Meter 396
Ah the dependences on toolkits..

sent from my mobile device

Root-Maniac
Old
Thanks Meter 537

DONATE TO ME
[QUOTE=jonathan413;51757543]Yeah I got it now thanks.. also I have root and recovery. Do I need s-off to flash Roms or is a-off necessary for flashing kernels?

No you dont need s-off to flash kernels and roms. With you bootloader unlocked and a custom recovery installed you can flash as many roms/kernels as your heart desires. Just remember to make a Nandroid backup of your stock rom before you flash anything, that will save you a head ache in the future if something ever happens to your device while flashing tweaks
The Following User Says Thank You to Root-Maniac For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]