Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,276 Members 44,699 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How does the Fire TV tell if an app is "supported"?

Tip us?

akelty
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] How does the Fire TV tell if an app is "supported"?

Just installed XBMC on my Fire TV last night and am loving it. The only issue I have is that it doesn't show up in the app menu. Does anybody know how the Fire TV differentiates between supported and unsupported apps? My ultimate goal would be to modify the XBMC apk to add whatever flag needs to be there to make it a supported app.

reddragon72
Old
Thanks Meter 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by akelty View Post
Just installed XBMC on my Fire TV last night and am loving it. The only issue I have is that it doesn't show up in the app menu. Does anybody know how the Fire TV differentiates between supported and unsupported apps? My ultimate goal would be to modify the XBMC apk to add whatever flag needs to be there to make it a supported app.
I think one person said that the apps have to cache the apps icon in a certain directory. I don;t remember which forum is was but someone was getting them to show up by copying the icon or something.
Remember people, instructions are there to help you not hinder you and anytime you skip them you are doing the same with your phone as it would be to walk off a cliff with a self packed parachute.... did you do it right by following the instructions or did you just shove it in the bag and jump..... think before you leap!

Current - Sprint LG OG running CM11 official nightlies.
New Current - Nexus 5 stock on Sprint

akelty
Old
(Last edited by akelty; 8th April 2014 at 07:24 PM.) Reason: Add XBMC custom splash screen link
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragon72 View Post
I think one person said that the apps have to cache the apps icon in a certain directory. I don;t remember which forum is was but someone was getting them to show up by copying the icon or something.
I saw on the XBMC forum where you can modify the splash screen by pushing a custom .png, but nothing on app icons. Is that what you're thinking of?

EDIT: For those interested in the custom splash screen - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php...een#pid1676162

sadboyzz
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by akelty View Post
Most likely you'll have to get your app cryptographically signed by Amazon
The Following User Says Thank You to sadboyzz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]