Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,303 Members 44,942 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Paranoid Android Xperia L

Tip us?
 
ArnauGonzalez98
Old
#1  
ArnauGonzalez98's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 77
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Granollers
Default [Q] Paranoid Android Xperia L

Sorry for my ignorance but, is Xperia L getting a new update of PA? Or just say if it will get it...

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my C2105 using xda app-developers app
"The best way of predict the future is to invent it" -Alan Kay, Computer Visionary

"On the Internet, nobody knows you are a dog" -Unnamed dog sitting at a computer

"I know that I'm younger, but I'm smarter too" -Arnau González del Molino




DEVICE: Sony Xperia L (C2105)
ROM: A mix of CM11 and AOSPA
KERNEL: Phantom v5 (or any that I could experiment)
 
Pirateghost
Old
#2  
Pirateghost's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6,760
Posts: 10,371
Join Date: Jul 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
You will need to find out from the dev that maintains it, if there is one. That device is considered a legacy device and is not handled by the PA team directly

Sent from my Nexus 5
 
Shivam Kuchhal
Old
#3  
Shivam Kuchhal's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,038
Posts: 669
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bijnor, Uttar Pradesh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirateghost View Post
You will need to find out from the dev that maintains it, if there is one. That device is considered a legacy device and is not handled by the PA team directly

Sent from my Nexus 5
Why legacy? Xperia L is still supported by Qualcomm and developers are working on caf kernel too. @DeviousFusion is maintaining PA for Xperia L and as far as I know he'll get it merged into official support when we get clean base and fully working caf kernel.
Haters gonna hate
Software is like sex: it's better when it's free : Linus Torvalds


Maintainer of Phantom Kernel for Moto G, Sony Xperia L and Moto E

Moto G: Stock, Phantom Kernel
Sony Xperia L: AOSPA, Phantom Kernel
Moto E: Stock, Phantom Kernel
Asus Nexus 7: Rastakat, franco kernel
Xiaomi Mi3: Stock

Facebook Community of Motorola Moto E: Motorola Moto E : Development and Discussion

 
Pirateghost
Old
#4  
Pirateghost's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6,760
Posts: 10,371
Join Date: Jul 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Legacy is the term used for devices not officially supported by the team. That device will not see official support so it will go to the legacy branch

Sent from my Nexus 5
 
DeviousFusion
Old
#5  
DeviousFusion's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 554
Posts: 246
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Dallas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivam Kuchhal View Post
Why legacy? Xperia L is still supported by Qualcomm and developers are working on caf kernel too. @DeviousFusion is maintaining PA for Xperia L and as far as I know he'll get it merged into official support when we get clean base and fully working caf kernel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirateghost View Post
Legacy is the term used for devices not officially supported by the team. That device will not see official support so it will go to the legacy branch

Sent from my Nexus 5
Yes...it will be legacy branch. All builds I give are from legacy branch.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes