[q] Galaxy gear Smartwatch or other smartwatches

Search This thread

theref

Dec 23, 2010
Does anybody know if the galaxy gear smartwatch or any other smartwatch is or can be made to work with the droid dna? Thanks!

mattking45

Mar 7, 2013
no. it won't work with the Droid DNA. These samsung smart watches are designed for samsung phone such as the Galaxy S5 , Galaxy S4, Note 3, etc..

jgraves12

Mar 14, 2013
I've heard about the gear working on the nexus 5 so it may work on aosp or cm roms.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Luigi711

Dec 19, 2012
I have the pebble smart watch. Love it. Does what I want it to. Last six days on a charge. Idk what all yer looking for. The pebble can't make calls, but it gives you any notification you want. I'd do some reading on the gear. It doesn't have very good reviews, and last I knew the gear only works on Samsung devices.

Sent from my HtC DnA using xda app

d-style

Dec 20, 2010
I have a Sony smartwatch that a friend gave me. It works just fine with the DNA.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

jamiethemorris

Jan 7, 2013
I love my pebble. I have no desire to get a galaxy gear because I love it so much. That being said, afaik as long as you have root access you can make the galaxy gear work on any phone, you just need the right supporting apk's from touchwiz. That's how people have gotten it working on the nexus 5. I don't know how well it works though, my guess would be not as well as it does on a Samsung phone.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk