5,598,980 Members 31,446 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What phone will you be upgrading from?

Tip us?

numskull
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Im coming from a samsung galaxy note, which has been running on an xperia themed custom rom for the last 8 or 9 months. Didnt really fancy upgrading to another samsung phone, they just dont seem to offer anything that interests me apart from a bigger processor. I dont really have any concerns with the z2 (except an open but waterproof headphone socket..... just boggles my mind lol) but i have a few concerns about android kitkat, i foresee lots of people blaming the phone for the sd card not working properly

vicedens2002
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I am coming from HTC Desire HD. It has served me well for more than 3years. I have flashed all kinds of Rom into my mobile. My phone came with froyo. Since then I have flashed 2.3.5, 4.0.4, 4.1.2, 4.2.2, 4.3.2, 4.4.2 all with and without sense except the last two. I want to know Xperia Z2 will have same kind of development thoughout the years. I will be keeping alteast 5 years. And I want to know about what the fuss is all about the sd card in kitkat. I have flashed kitkat in my desire hd and the card works well no problem whatsoever.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
Nokia 2100 -> Nokia 6510 -> Nokia 6600 -> Sony Ericsson w700i -> Sony Ericsson w960i -> HTC Desire HD -> SONY Xperia ZL -> SONY Xperia Z1 -> SONY Xperia Z2 ?

numskull
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicedens2002 View Post
I am coming from HTC Desire HD. It has served me well for more than 3years. I have flashed all kinds of Rom into my mobile. My phone came with froyo. Since then I have flashed 2.3.5, 4.0.4, 4.1.2, 4.2.2, 4.3.2, 4.4.2 all with and without sense except the last two. I want to know Xperia Z2 will have same kind of development thoughout the years. I will be keeping alteast 5 years. And I want to know about what the fuss is all about the sd card in kitkat. I have flashed kitkat in my desire hd and the card works well no problem whatsoever.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
If im understanding the kitkat/ sd card issue correctly it limits the directories any user installed apps can access, eg, download a pic editor, edit a pic (might have to use the app to take pic), you wont be able to save pic in gallery, only in the pic editors folder.... so you download a file manager, but that file manager wouldnt have the permissions to move/copy/delete etc anything that isnt in the file managers folder, the way round it is by rooting and using modded scripts, or moving your app to system. Im assuming that your rom is custom so it probably already has the modded script. I guess i'll understand it a bit better on the 14th when i get my z2 (apparently)
The Following User Says Thank You to numskull For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

3zooz911
Old
Thanks Meter 0
From Galaxy S2