The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] The Downgrade and Custom Recovery Method

OP jgeorge15

1st April 2014, 02:53 PM   |  #1  
jgeorge15's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
114 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
So I've been looking around the forums both the t mobile and the general forums to see about downgrading, rooting, and custom recovery process, more specifically the guide by dr87. But to my understanding some users had success while some users did not. I myself actually did not have success with this method. I would be able to go through the whole process but at the end, after the screen goes off and i try to turn it back on the white line issues occur. I just wanted to know how many people on this forum actually had success and how many didn't, and if you did have success did you actually do the downgrade method or had you not updated to 4.4.2 yet? It doesn't really make too much sense that if everyone has a d801 and we are all installing the same kdz and going through the process some don't work and some do. I'm just trying to see what exactly the people with success did (or what they didn't do)
1st April 2014, 03:09 PM   |  #2  
gunnyman's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Greenville SC
Thanks Meter: 2,673
 
7,893 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Donate to Me
More
I think people with white lines have a defect in their devices that gets exposed somehow.
8th April 2014, 03:52 AM   |  #3  
CheesyNutz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 3,201
 
11,767 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnyman

I think people with white lines have a defect in their devices that gets exposed somehow.

I'm thinking your right it happened to mine and I'm going back to exchange mine Thursday

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
8th April 2014, 06:12 AM   |  #4  
SeVIIn's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57
 
182 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Could there really be that many people with the exact same defect though and only on T-Mo?
8th April 2014, 09:24 AM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheesyNutz

I'm thinking your right it happened to mine and I'm going back to exchange mine Thursday

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Woah isn't that true though?? Because I've noticed T-Mobile doesn't update they're devices when handed to you.. So couldnt we just trade our 4.4 g2's for the 4.2 g2's? If were desperate because I am.... I miss that stock feeling ;/ I mean lg ui is actually good in my opinion... I Just hate how the settings are like a panel view and that's it I wish I could change it to list view anyone know how?? And actually I think we all can exchange our g2 and say something happened or if they're Cool say you want the white version instead Lol idk
9th April 2014, 02:06 PM   |  #6  
davwman's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Centereach
Thanks Meter: 712
 
4,384 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 chainz

Woah isn't that true though?? Because I've noticed T-Mobile doesn't update they're devices when handed to you.. So couldnt we just trade our 4.4 g2's for the 4.2 g2's? If were desperate because I am.... I miss that stock feeling ;/ I mean lg ui is actually good in my opinion... I Just hate how the settings are like a panel view and that's it I wish I could change it to list view anyone know how?? And actually I think we all can exchange our g2 and say something happened or if they're Cool say you want the white version instead Lol idk

When in settings hit the menu button and it will give you the option
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes