5,604,050 Members 46,444 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Known ROMs with working phone mic?

Tip us?
 
markusrussell225
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 21
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default Known ROMs with working phone mic?

Are there any known 4.3 or 4.4 ROMs with working phone mic?

I've used CM 10.2 Stable (4.3) and Carbon Rom (4.4.2). Both work great, the only issue is that the headset is not usable for calls (low mic output). My solution for now is using the earbud/mic, but I'm curious to know if anyone has made progress on this. Aside from this, the various ROMs are near perfect for my needs.

I'm not very knowledgeable on the details of writing ROMs, but would any type of source code release from LG help developers solve this? Curious to know what the main hurdles are for the devs and what tools they need.

Thanks.
 
Neroga
Old
#2  
Neroga's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 442
Posts: 1,158
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Saint Cloud, Florida
Wish I could tell ya but I don't have a headset with a mic. I'd say give AICP a try since it uses AOKP sources instead of CM. Might give ya a better outcome.

Sent from my AICP 4.4 LG-E980
 
markusrussell225
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 21
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neroga View Post
Wish I could tell ya but I don't have a headset with a mic. I'd say give AICP a try since it uses AOKP sources instead of CM. Might give ya a better outcome.

Sent from my AICP 4.4 LG-E980
Thanks for the suggestion, downloading now.

Do phone calls work fine on yours?
 
markusrussell225
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 21
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by markusrussell225 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, downloading now.

Do phone calls work fine on yours?
Still no luck on a solid working phone microphone (low volume on other end). And the search continues.
 
markusrussell225
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 21
Join Date: Nov 2013
Now that mid March has come around, has anyone had any good luck with a working in call microphone?

I was previously using several 4.4.2 Builds however, the need for a working phone mic was too critical for daily usage.

I'm using a 4.3 build (Slim Bean) which I believe is the only one with a working phone. The build is an unofficial beta and the only real issues are lack of microSD function, FC on Google Drive, and a few freezes here and there. Overall it's usable for my needs but would like to get back onto 4.4.2 granted the phone mic works.

Any suggestions/advice would be great. Thanks!
 
ja.andro
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 29
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by markusrussell225 View Post
Now that mid March has come around, has anyone had any good luck with a working in call microphone?

I was previously using several 4.4.2 Builds however, the need for a working phone mic was too critical for daily usage.

I'm using a 4.3 build (Slim Bean) which I believe is the only one with a working phone. The build is an unofficial beta and the only real issues are lack of microSD function, FC on Google Drive, and a few freezes here and there. Overall it's usable for my needs but would like to get back onto 4.4.2 granted the phone mic works.

Any suggestions/advice would be great. Thanks!
I don't know much, plus i am still on stock but i will suggest you to ask your query and issues on particular custom ROM posts. i have seen people getting response faster and if in case there is a bug, high chances that developer of that particular ROM can fix it :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-E988 using xda app-developers app
 
markusrussell225
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 21
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja.andro View Post
I don't know much, plus i am still on stock but i will suggest you to ask your query and issues on particular custom ROM posts. i have seen people getting response faster and if in case there is a bug, high chances that developer of that particular ROM can fix it :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-E988 using xda app-developers app
Thanks. I ask because this is a problem has existed on all known roms since 4.3.1 for the E980 on ATT. Never been able to get a straight answer anywhere so I figure I would generically post it. I have reached out to some devs but not luck.
 
thureos
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 30
Join Date: Mar 2011
Any success on your searching?
 
markusrussell225
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 21
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by thureos View Post
Any success on your searching?

---
Here is a manual fix for the in call mic from JustinNL on XDA:

Step 1:
download a "build.prop editor app", I used: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ld.prop.editor

Step 2:
Modify these 2 specs in the build prop editor

persist.audio.handset.mic.type=digital --> replace digital with analog
persist.audio.dualmic.config=endfire -- replace endfire with false


Since i changed it i haven't had any complaints so far but flashing to new nightly makes it revert again, keep that in mind."

Been working great for myself and others.
 
thureos
Old
#10  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 30
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by markusrussell225 View Post
---
Here is a manual fix for the in call mic from JustinNL on XDA:

Step 1:
download a "build.prop editor app", I used: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ld.prop.editor

Step 2:
Modify these 2 specs in the build prop editor

persist.audio.handset.mic.type=digital --> replace digital with analog
persist.audio.dualmic.config=endfire -- replace endfire with false


Since i changed it i haven't had any complaints so far but flashing to new nightly makes it revert again, keep that in mind."

Been working great for myself and others.
I saw that solution but I went back to rooted and debloated stock, I am very pleased with speed and stability.

Thanks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Wearables Walkthrough: Tasker on the Samsung Galaxy Gear – XDA Developer TV

The future certainly looks like it is full of wearables. … more

WinDroid HTC Toolkit Lets You Root, Unlock, and Flash ROMs on Various HTC Devices

Plenty of users nowadays have more than one mobile device. … more

When Using GitHub, Don’t Skimp on Commit History

GitHub has become the epicenter of most open source development work that is posted … more

Verizon Droid DNA to Receive 4.4.2 KitKat + Sense 5.5 OTA This Thursday

The HTC Droid DNAis Verizon’s close cousin to the JapaneseHTC … more