FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

Speaker buzzing

12 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By afkool, Junior Member on 7th February 2014, 03:00 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Just a heads up if anyone else has this problem. My speaker started buzzing. It would happen only at certain frequencies but always when hearing a dial tone with the speaker phone on at full volume. I brought it to Verizon and they send me a replacement. Of course, the replacement was a certified used and not brand new, wasn't exactly happy about that.
 
 
7th February 2014, 03:46 PM |#2  
brholt6's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Olathe
Thanks Meter: 242
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by afkool

Just a heads up if anyone else has this problem. My speaker started buzzing. It would happen only at certain frequencies but always when hearing a dial tone with the speaker phone on at full volume. I brought it to Verizon and they send me a replacement. Of course, the replacement was a certified used and not brand new, wasn't exactly happy about that.

Next time, send it in to HTC...might be covered under warranty repair. They replace the part, not the phone.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
7th February 2014, 03:49 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brholt6

Next time, send it in to HTC...might be covered under warranty repair. They replace the part, not the phone.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Oh, hmm I never thought of that. I figured I had to do it through Verizon. I actually still haven't sent back the phone I wonder if it's worth trying to warranty repair it at this point.

Will HTC care that it's unlocked and rooted? Do they provide a loaner?
7th February 2014, 04:26 PM |#4  
brholt6's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Olathe
Thanks Meter: 242
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by afkool

Oh, hmm I never thought of that. I figured I had to do it through Verizon. I actually still haven't sent back the phone I wonder if it's worth trying to warranty repair it at this point.

Will HTC care that it's unlocked and rooted? Do they provide a loaner?

You have to follow the steps in the Return to Stock S-on thread but you can leave your phone s-off. They won't provide a loaner but mine was in for camera repair and it took 5 days total. I would do an online chat to see if the speaker issue is covered.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
7th February 2014, 04:28 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brholt6

You have to follow the steps in the Return to Stock S-on thread but you can leave your phone s-off. They won't provide a loaner but mine was in for camera repair and it took 5 days total. I would do an online chat to see if the speaker issue is covered.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Great, thanks for the info.
24th March 2014, 05:44 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
So, turns out the refurbished phone I got from Verizon had a purple camera...Decided not to stick with it and kept my original for warranty repair. Took them about a week to get it back to me. Unfortunately, they automatically upgraded it to 4.4 so now I can't root it. UGH. I contacted them after and said they would not downgrade the software. I guess this is a warning for others looking to have their speakers or other work done.
9th April 2014, 01:40 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Woohoo! Back to rooted, unlocked, and s-off! Glad I made the decision to go with the HTC warranty repair. Nice to have the original phone I purchased and not something in an unknown state of quality.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes