5,596,354 Members 38,355 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to Revive a Huawei Y300-0100?

Tip us?

JMailuhu
Old
(Last edited by JMailuhu; 11th December 2013 at 08:04 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Unhappy [Q] How to Revive a Huawei Y300-0100?

Hi, i didn't know where to post so i just posted this here since i saw other huawei posts in here. (Moderators pls move if misplaced).
I've got a big problem!
I have got a Rooted Huawei Y300 and i've unofficially unlocked the bootloader with DC-Unlocker successfully, and have CWM Recovery installed!
Now here's the deal, i've downloaded Cyanogenmod 11 (4.4) but after i tried to install it, it stopped halfway with "set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed E:Error in /sdcard/name_of_rom_here" (Status 7).
I tried other CM's getting the same error.

Than i tried to reflash to original firmware (V100R001C00B175) from the huawei website, but since i bricked my phone i cannot move the "dload" folder to internal storage so i tried to place it on my sd-card and booting up using Vol- & Power, the upgrade stops at step 2/2 saying it failed.
I'm very sorry not having a backup of the original firmware before i tried CM out (a very stupid and hasty move).

Does anyone have a solution? The phone is just a week old and i've never bricked a phone before (all my old handsets from samsung's to sony's / htc's) and never failed installing a rom or anything related.

Frankly i never suspected CM to fail flashing since everybody else is succesfull ;-/

kind regards,

JMailuhu
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Ok here's a update. I managed to install AOKP (4.3.1) so i atleast revived my phone. I'm guessing it was something with CM11.

Anyway moderators you can delete this thread, since i found the solution myself..

Thanks

scytheslayer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default bricked huawei y300

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMailuhu View Post
Ok here's a update. I managed to install AOKP (4.3.1) so i atleast revived my phone. I'm guessing it was something with CM11.

Anyway moderators you can delete this thread, since i found the solution myself..

Thanks
can you provide instructions on how revive? mine bricked it got stuck on boot logo after succesfully rooting then i installed chainfire 3d but after that when it reboots it got stuck on boot logo plsss help me on this..
Tags
huawei, huawei acsend, huawei y300