5,600,984 Members 44,478 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] The easiest way to install CWM in ICS (no unbricking needed)

Tip us?

JugRKnoT
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I cant get this to work on my lg. for some reason it just keeps saying the system cannot find the path specified. Im rooted and have all the drivers installed but no luck. any suggestions?

brandon131995
Old
Thanks Meter 1
This worked for me first try!! Good job man
The Following User Says Thank You to brandon131995 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Swetnes
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by JugRKnoT View Post
I cant get this to work on my lg. for some reason it just keeps saying the system cannot find the path specified. Im rooted and have all the drivers installed but no luck. any suggestions?
May have something to do where it is stored on your C drive. Try copying the folder to the root directory on your C drive and running the batch file with administrator permissions.

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app

pmaioli
Old
Thanks Meter 5
how to boot to recovey with the smartphone off? (i try vol up+ power and dont go to recovery, power and doesnt goes)

Swetnes
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmaioli View Post
how to boot to recovey with the smartphone off? (i try vol up+ power and dont go to recovery, power and doesnt goes)
With the phone off, hold down volume down and power till you get white text. Then follow the directions on the screen.

The Following User Says Thank You to Swetnes For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pmaioli
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swetnes View Post
With the phone off, hold down volume down and power till you get white text. Then follow the directions on the screen.

ooh bro, thank you! im very thankful for yout work, a very easy mode to get recovery!

Truepeace
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmaioli View Post
ooh bro, thank you! im very thankful for yout work, a very easy mode to get recovery!
I never managed to get into recovery with the phone off. If I long press volume down with power button I get the message if I want to permanently erase everything (factory reset) and if I long press volume up with power I get into download mode.
(using lg nitro hd, cm 10.2.1, unbricked and rooted using hereric's guide, and I have latest cwm installed)

Swetnes
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truepeace View Post
I never managed to get into recovery with the phone off. If I long press volume down with power button I get the message if I want to permanently erase everything (factory reset) and if I long press volume up with power I get into download mode.
(using lg nitro hd, cm 10.2.1, unbricked and rooted using hereric's guide, and I have latest cwm installed)
That is exactly the message that you want. Press power button twice and you will be in CWM. It says factory reset because that is what will happen if you didn't have a custom recovery installed, no worries though.

The Following User Says Thank You to Swetnes For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

notzippy
Old
Thanks Meter 55
I do not remember which technique I used to root my phone, but it is rooted and currently running sphinx. Can I just flash the bootloader on my phone as is ? or do I need to revert to stock first ?

Swetnes
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by notzippy View Post
I do not remember which technique I used to root my phone, but it is rooted and currently running sphinx. Can I just flash the bootloader on my phone as is ? or do I need to revert to stock first ?
Yes you can flash directly, since it only flashes the boot loader and recovery it will not touch your ROM.

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app