XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more
Post Reply

Anyway to become a mobile Hotspot?

OP sebastianraven

7th April 2014, 08:18 PM   |  #11  
TheBiles's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pensacola, FL
Thanks Meter: 158
 
3,433 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfreemanoh

If you're not on an unlimited plan, tethering isn't any extra. It's only an additional fee if you're still on unlimited (because Verizon sucks). Unless if you haven't changed your plan since they put that policy in place...and if you haven't, well, do so.

If you're overseas on a GSM carrier, why would you be using a Verizon device? Especially since the Dev Edition is available and can be S-OFF'd easily.

Mobile hotspot absolutely does cost extra on Verizon, even if you have a data-limited plan.
7th April 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 78
 
325 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBiles

Mobile hotspot absolutely does cost extra on Verizon, even if you have a data-limited plan.

Try again
http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/...verything.html

Right there it states you can use your phone as a hotspot. This changed a while back.
7th April 2014, 08:40 PM   |  #13  
Karl's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 469
 
1,523 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
More
theres this one to
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2708548
7th April 2014, 08:41 PM   |  #14  
TheBiles's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pensacola, FL
Thanks Meter: 158
 
3,433 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by l7777

Try again
http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/...verything.html

Right there it states you can use your phone as a hotspot. This changed a while back.

That's only for the "More Everything" plans. It costs extra for everyone else either as an add-on or a more expensive data tier.


--
Sent from my HTC One M8
7th April 2014, 08:48 PM   |  #15  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
597 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBiles

That's only for the "More Everything" plans. It costs extra for everyone else either as an add-on or a more expensive data tier.


--
Sent from my HTC One M8

From what I understood, unless if you're still on a grandfathered plan of any type (maybe specifically unlimited data grandfathered, I'm not sure), wifi tethering is supposed to be free. Unless if you have proof otherwise, I'm going to stick with my belief.

That being said, I still have unlimited data, and I'm only going to give it up when they pry it out of my cold, dead fingers, so regardless of their actual policies, it doesn't affect me. Besides, now that we have S-Off and full root, free tethering should be relatively simple once someone figures out how to do it, if it hasn't already been solved.
7th April 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #16  
TheBiles's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pensacola, FL
Thanks Meter: 158
 
3,433 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfreemanoh

From what I understood, unless if you're still on a grandfathered plan of any type (maybe specifically unlimited data grandfathered, I'm not sure), wifi tethering is supposed to be free. Unless if you have proof otherwise, I'm going to stick with my belief.

That being said, I still have unlimited data, and I'm only going to give it up when they pry it out of my cold, dead fingers, so regardless of their actual policies, it doesn't affect me. Besides, now that we have S-Off and full root, free tethering should be relatively simple once someone figures out how to do it, if it hasn't already been solved.

My "proof" is that it wouldn't let me enable the hotspot on my phone with my 10GB/month plan. You have to upgrade to their new plans for the free tethering.


--
Sent from my HTC One M8
9th April 2014, 02:15 AM   |  #17  
Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 311
 
1,041 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBiles

My "proof" is that it wouldn't let me enable the hotspot on my phone with my 10GB/month plan. You have to upgrade to their new plans for the free tethering.


--
Sent from my HTC One M8

Actually Verizon lost an FCC appeal for LTE, they must allow tethering for plans that are not "Unlimited".
Ask them for the provisioning if you are not on an unlimited plan.
9th April 2014, 04:39 PM   |  #18  
Account currently disabled
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 23
 
384 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2699200

go to the link.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Verizon One (M8) General by ThreadRank