Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Verizon phone on ATT network questions

OP kryptonite123

7th January 2014, 06:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini from Verizon (Model SCH-I435). My boss gave it to me since I needed a new phone and to my surprise, it was unlocked and I was able to get it working with ATT. My only problem so far is that the data speeds are not what I was expecting. I only get 2mbits/s when compared to my company phone (which is verizon) gets 10mbits/s. My thought was that the phone could did not support ATT's 4g/LTE network but from all my research, it looks like it should. When testing the speed or using data, it shows shows "H+" at the top of the screen.

Here is a list of supported networks from Samsung's website for the SCH-I435

Frequencies and Data Type Digital (CDMA/PCS)/1x, EVDO Rev A; Global(GPRS/EDGE/GSM(850/900/1800/1900); HSPA/UMTS(850/900/1900/2100), LTE (Band 13, Band 4)

Judging from wikipedia, Att uses band 4 and it says the phone supports band 4 so I do not get why it is not going faster. Any help would be appreciated.
9th April 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

13 posts
You need to have LTE enabled in your AT&T account otherwise it won't let you connect with the LTE APN settings (you'll need to make sure you have the LTE APN in the phone as well).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread