Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,702 Members 45,820 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Better battery life Note 3 or One M8 ?

Tip us?

Zorachus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 253
Default Better battery life Note 3 or One M8 ?

I am thinking of upgrading from my S4, which gets middle of the raod battery life, like 4.5h On Screen time. I am looking for something that gets 6h On Screen time minimum. I am thinking either the Note 3 or One M8. I want better battery life #1, and a good screen for outdoor use #2, and just an overall speedier / faster phone. Which phone gives better battery life ? A rooted and ROM'd new One M8 ? Or a ROM'd Note 3 ?

But I am disappointed with the U.S. carriers + Samsung for being Nazis and locking this Note 3 down so tight, that sucks to see. I have my S4 rooted, with all the good tweaks that come with rooting, like removing all the garbage bloatware, and apps like AdAway, Greenify, etc... And Wanam Xposed.

Thank you.

P.S. I played with an S5 at the store, and really liked the revised looking Touchwiz, looks much much better flat now, and the Phone and Contacts apps seemed way faster, and just different in a good way, compared to my S4. Would love to see the Note 3 with the S5 .apk's.
HTC One M8 - Glacial Silver- ATT
SinLessROM GPe v3.4.1 | Google Play Edition | 4.4.4
Speck Candy Shell case

Galaxy S4 - white AT&T
Stock, no root or ROM's, thanks ATT

GalaxyNotesTx
Old
(Last edited by GalaxyNotesTx; 8th April 2014 at 09:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 57
I get 3 or 4 days battery life on my Note 3 I'm rooted,,,Htc is inferior to the Note,,,Go with the Note 3 .

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app

dxwilliams40
Old
Thanks Meter 323
Ask the same question in the m8 forum. Lol. I have both devices. It really depends on your usage.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current Devices: HTC M8: Nexus 5 :Galaxy Note 3
Get extra 5gb of cloud storage with Copy app by clicking my referral link https://copy.com?r=NP24F8
The Following User Says Thank You to dxwilliams40 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jreed3786
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyNotesTx View Post
I get 3 or 4 days battery life on my Note 3 I'm rooted,,,Htc is inferior to the Note,,,Go with the Note 3 .

Why do people even bother to say they get insane battery life, when they know they do not!? To get that kind of battery life, you must only send a few texts per day, and maybe make a call or two. I'd love to see those battery stats.

REAL usage only lets you get close to a day, and even less. Anything streaming, you can count on definitely less than a day. Just sayin!
Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3 on AT&T
Running : [UrDroid][STOCK][AT&T NC2 Kitkat ][ODEXED][Deodexed][W/ROOT][Ver 2 ] + Extreme volume hack + Debloater
THANKS to ALL of the very unselfish and awesome devs who work so tirelessly to bring us a smorgasbord of tasty roms!!! Thank you, kang gang!!!
Bye bye, G1, MT3GSlide, Vibrant, Sensation 4G, Tmo Galaxy S II, AT&T Galaxy S III, and AT&T Note 2 and LG Optimus G Pro...was nice knowin' ya.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jreed3786 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pham818
Old
Thanks Meter 194
battery life is pretty good. if you intend of get the note 3, get it on tmobile so its easier to flash roms and such. but keep in mind, the note 4 is around the corner. that being said, the m8 just came out. so yeah.
Current
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 -
Asus Nexus 7 32GB (2013) - scrosler's CleanROM

Past
Samsung Galaxy S4 16GB - Sold
Samsung Galaxy S2 16GB - Given Away
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 16GB - SOLD

Free 500 MB of storage on Dropbox: http://db.tt/d6SOJt2W

Please press thanks if I helped in any way!

GalaxyNotesTx
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Yeah you caught me I'm lying Lol...lots of texts and use the phone,, I will post a screenshot for you..