Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Better battery life Note 3 or One M8 ?

OP Zorachus

8th April 2014, 05:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lombard, IL.
Thanks Meter: 311

2,442 posts
More
I am thinking of upgrading from my S4, which gets middle of the raod battery life, like 4.5h On Screen time. I am looking for something that gets 6h On Screen time minimum. I am thinking either the Note 3 or One M8. I want better battery life #1, and a good screen for outdoor use #2, and just an overall speedier / faster phone. Which phone gives better battery life ? A rooted and ROM'd new One M8 ? Or a ROM'd Note 3 ?

But I am disappointed with the U.S. carriers + Samsung for being Nazis and locking this Note 3 down so tight, that sucks to see. I have my S4 rooted, with all the good tweaks that come with rooting, like removing all the garbage bloatware, and apps like AdAway, Greenify, etc... And Wanam Xposed.

Thank you.

P.S. I played with an S5 at the store, and really liked the revised looking Touchwiz, looks much much better flat now, and the Phone and Contacts apps seemed way faster, and just different in a good way, compared to my S4. Would love to see the Note 3 with the S5 .apk's.
8th April 2014, 10:16 PM   |  #2  
Houston
Thanks Meter: 67

246 posts
More
I get 3 or 4 days battery life on my Note 3 I'm rooted,,,Htc is inferior to the Note,,,Go with the Note 3 .

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app
Last edited by GalaxyNotesTx; 8th April 2014 at 10:34 PM.
9th April 2014, 05:00 AM   |  #3  
Flag Savannah, GA
Thanks Meter: 333

1,036 posts
More
Ask the same question in the m8 forum. Lol. I have both devices. It really depends on your usage.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to dxwilliams40 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th April 2014, 05:24 AM   |  #4  
Flag Rockford, IL
Thanks Meter: 89

492 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyNotesTx

I get 3 or 4 days battery life on my Note 3 I'm rooted,,,Htc is inferior to the Note,,,Go with the Note 3 .

Why do people even bother to say they get insane battery life, when they know they do not!? To get that kind of battery life, you must only send a few texts per day, and maybe make a call or two. I'd love to see those battery stats.

REAL usage only lets you get close to a day, and even less. Anything streaming, you can count on definitely less than a day. Just sayin!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jreed3786 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th April 2014, 12:59 PM   |  #5  
Portland
Thanks Meter: 205

1,152 posts
More
battery life is pretty good. if you intend of get the note 3, get it on tmobile so its easier to flash roms and such. but keep in mind, the note 4 is around the corner. that being said, the m8 just came out. so yeah.
9th April 2014, 06:15 PM   |  #6  
Houston
Thanks Meter: 67

246 posts
More
Yeah you caught me I'm lying Lol...lots of texts and use the phone,, I will post a screenshot for you..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread