Post Reply

BMM - ERR Status 6 - CM11 Installation

6th January 2014, 04:23 AM   |  #1  
vazersecurity's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Payson, UT
Thanks Meter: 32
 
254 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
I have tried multiple times to install CyanogenMod 11 on the System Slot with BMM. I keep getting

Code:
E:Error in /tmp/update.zip
(Status 6)
Installation Aborted
I tried flashing from sd and sideload...
this is the result of sideload.
Why is it doing this? Can't figure it out...
========
AFTER DIGGING DEEPER:
--
The official CM 11 thread states that BMM has issues with CM. This thread is pending for an answer,
WORKAROUND in Official Thread
Last edited by vazersecurity; 6th January 2014 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Dug Deeper
The Following User Says Thank You to vazersecurity For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th January 2014, 10:10 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Ruda Śląska
Thanks Meter: 117
 
620 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
Are u kidn... The workaround for bmm is on the first post of the cm11 thread...
6th January 2014, 06:27 PM   |  #3  
iZak17's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
36 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by vazersecurity

I have tried multiple times to install CyanogenMod 11 on the System Slot with BMM. I keep getting

Code:
E:Error in /tmp/update.zip
(Status 6)
Installation Aborted
I tried flashing from sd and sideload...
this is the result of sideload.
Why is it doing this? Can't figure it out...
========
AFTER DIGGING DEEPER:
--
The official CM 11 thread states that BMM has issues with CM. This thread is pending for an answer,
WORKAROUND in Official Thread

In the CM11 official forum shows a lot of times how to change the zip files to make it compatible with BMM.

Is easy but honestly, I recommend you to change to Safestrap, yes, I know, BMM is better but right now almost nobody uses it anymore.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iZak17 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th January 2014, 07:27 PM   |  #4  
welder73's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 320
 
875 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iZak17

In the CM11 official forum shows a lot of times how to change the zip files to make it compatible with BMM.

Is easy but honestly, I recommend you to change to Safestrap, yes, I know, BMM is better but right now almost nobody uses it anymore.

That's not true,a lot of people still using BMM,including me.

And it's still better than SS, there is more things that can be done with it.

Sent from my Razr XT910
6th January 2014, 08:14 PM   |  #5  
iZak17's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
36 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by welder73

That's not true,a lot of people still using BMM,including me.

And it's still better than SS, there is more things that can be done with it.

Sent from my Razr XT910

Don't get me wrong, I know there is A LOT of people using BMM (including me until a few days ago). When I say "nobody" I'm refering to the support and compatibility: almost every thread related with new ROMs take as reference SS not BMM.

I'm fully sure BMM is totally better than SS. I did change because I was tired to zip, unzip, copy and replace files everytime I was going to install an update with BMM.

As soon as that problem is solved, I hope get back to BMM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iZak17 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th January 2014, 11:25 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag Ruda Śląska
Thanks Meter: 117
 
620 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
Only cm11 builds need little work to be bmm flashable. But every other rom works great at bmm... Gummy, slimkat, liquid, moke... So i disagree with u its only related to cm11.
Last edited by meilbox; 6th January 2014 at 11:28 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to meilbox For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th April 2014, 01:54 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
19 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
how can i fix the cm11 zip file to be flashable with bmm?
9th April 2014, 02:27 PM   |  #8  
welder73's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 320
 
875 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedegil69

how can i fix the cm11 zip file to be flashable with bmm?

First post in CM11 thread!

Sent from my Razr XT910
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to welder73 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th April 2014, 05:31 PM   |  #9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 37
 
69 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedegil69

how can i fix the cm11 zip file to be flashable with bmm?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2535920

The Following User Says Thank You to crackerjack1957 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes