Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,958 Members 51,648 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

M7 RED went for HTC repair - should i worry?

Tip us?

liav12
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default M7 RED went for HTC repair - should i worry?

Hi
yesterday i sent my htc M7 for a repair after the motherboard died or something like that.
the phone just stopped working , will not turn on or charge with no reason, 2 months old, bought it in January and few days ago stopped working at all.

so the guys at the lab told me it needed a new board - which mean they will need to totally open it.

the main question is - do you think the phone will return a fully and scratchless?
i kept mine totally clean from scratches or dents - i even took pictures of it before sending it.

from what i know its almost impossible to fix it without ruining something els..thats what im afraid of.
mine is in RED color - and in Israel they sell only the Silver (got mine from a store that got it from Malaysa).

did anyone experienced any trouble with HTC technical support?

Thank you.

raghav kapur
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by liav12 View Post
Hi
yesterday i sent my htc M7 for a repair after the motherboard died or something like that.
the phone just stopped working , will not turn on or charge with no reason, 2 months old, bought it in January and few days ago stopped working at all.

so the guys at the lab told me it needed a new board - which mean they will need to totally open it.

the main question is - do you think the phone will return a fully and scratchless?
i kept mine totally clean from scratches or dents - i even took pictures of it before sending it.

from what i know its almost impossible to fix it without ruining something els..thats what im afraid of.
mine is in RED color - and in Israel they sell only the Silver (got mine from a store that got it from Malaysa).

Thank you.
My red One went for a camera repair. They sent it in a better condition than what I sent it in
They had polished it, etc.
No, they're experts in this. The phone ideally wont be damaged by HTC Service Centre
The Following User Says Thank You to raghav kapur For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

litlnicky
Old
Thanks Meter 45
dont worry man , my red htc one went in repair too, motherboard died too, flashing summat wrong lol, they gave it back in top condition , not one scratch man , best of luk
The Following User Says Thank You to litlnicky For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 827
They have a special machine that opens these phones without damaging it. Apparently. Personally, I believe that they just send you a new phone because mine came back with a different IMEI number for a problem that had nothing to do with the motherboard.
The Following User Says Thank You to aooga For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chc31
Old
Thanks Meter 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by liav12 View Post
Hi

Thank you.
Like the guy above me said, they have a tool to open it. Plus it's HTC, not the repair shop down the street. I would trust that they take the utmost care in fixing your product. Any company is supposed to do that. They made the phone, they can disassemble it with ease. You're worried because you saw these stupid people who try to disassemble their phones in ridiculous ways. They have a tool, dint worry
Previous Devices!

Sony Ericssons W580i>C510a>Xperia X1>HTC Sensation 4G

Elegancia 3.6.0
Bricked Kernel
2300 mAh ebay battery
The Following User Says Thank You to chc31 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

liav12
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Thank you guys for the fast replies.
i've never had a situation when i needed the repair service before, but there is always a first time.

i'll post back when ill get the phone, hope it will be as good as new
:P
The Following User Says Thank You to liav12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]