Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Need some assistance with establishing a 3G connection to T-Mobile.

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By ruff48, Junior Member on 9th April 2014, 07:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So, Iv'e been perusing these forums for a number of days now, and have successfully managed to transfer an old Verizon Droid Incredible 4G LTE over to T-Mobile's Family Mobile Service. I did run into some hiccups along the way, but I did manage to flash TWRP recovery, unlock the bootloader, and achieve S-OFF successfully. I also updated the firmware of the radio since I was not even able to connect to any mobile network previously.

The phone is running CM 10.2.1 fireball currently, and functions well if not for a few minor issues. However, I am unable to connect to the 3G service at all, and am forced to attempt to browse the internet at EDGE speeds. I made sure to turn all the location services on while the phone was running stock and connect to GPS as per the installation instructions. I searched around various other threads for methods others have tried, which helped me root the phone and install CM in the first place, but I still cannot fix this last issue. I have tried fiddling around with various mobile network settings for a while, but still cannot resolve the issue. Now the phone is unable to connect the the Internet successfully through Wi-Fi or Edge.

If anyone can offer me some guidance, or needs more information regarding my phone in order to help me properly, please let me know, it will be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE 4/16/14:
So I ended up restoring a stock recovery, after trying out various CM11 builds to no avail. I managed to find a baseband radio on a Chinese forum which allows me to connect to 3G, but was unsuccessful in finding any radios that would support the 1700/2100 bands required for T-Mobile 4g LTE speeds. I would be interested in learning how to port a compatible T-Mobile radio which supports the LTE bands, but my searching attempts have not been successful so far.

Current Specs on the phone:
Android Version: 2.17.605.2710RD
Baseband Version:
DirtyRacun's Hboot
Clockwork Touch Recovery (the latest version)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread