Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,798 Members 49,879 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

htc one x boot loop

Tip us?

CharlesDicken
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default htc one x boot loop

I bought it off Ebay about 4 weeks ago. It was working ok but i did an update to 4.2.2[ official] and the GPS stopped working properly.

I took it to a phone service shop and they promised to fix the gps problem by reinstalling back to the original condition, They didn't fix it properly-sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. Then a friend told me to do a factory reset which i did and it was then it started to act up.

It boots into the HTC symbol with a warning message [ seen in red] then goes into recovery and no matter what I do it repeats the same process.Also when I try to charge it lights up and does not charge fully.

a.broken.star
Old
Thanks Meter 480
"It boots into the HTC symbol with a warning message [ seen in red] "

And whats the warning message ??

dr_g
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Did you try the fast-boot option on that menu? It solves the looping problem in my case.

Thant
Old
Thanks Meter 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesDicken View Post
I bought it off Ebay about 4 weeks ago. It was working ok but i did an update to 4.2.2[ official] and the GPS stopped working properly.

I took it to a phone service shop and they promised to fix the gps problem by reinstalling back to the original condition, They didn't fix it properly-sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. Then a friend told me to do a factory reset which i did and it was then it started to act up.

It boots into the HTC symbol with a warning message [ seen in red] then goes into recovery and no matter what I do it repeats the same process.Also when I try to charge it lights up and does not charge fully.

fastboot in RED is not a worning massage. If you have warranty send it for repair if no warranty unlock the bootloader flash custom recovery and cuctom rom and beffore start first read some guide here in the one x forum
If my post help you a click on Thanks would be nice

YOU ARE A NOOB CLICK HERE OR YOU ARE COMPLETE NOOB CLIK HERE

Device: HTC One X 32GB
CID: HTC__032
HBOOT: 1.72
KERNEL: lONELyX #023 LM_UV
ROM: lONElyX 1.0.1 with modification

dr_g
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Again, if you can do a fast-boot, try it to see if it works. It works in my case.

Also, in my case, regular (slow) boot will randomly work at one point after it loops up to perhaps 100 times.