Installed CWM to make NanDroid backup fail in recovery saying failed to mount /data

OP backsidesmack

9th April 2014, 10:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
More
I installed CWM from google play store and bought the premium version. Solely for the purpose of makeing NanDroid backups. When it boots into recovery it says error failed to mount /data or something like that. No option at all.

Rooted, but otherwise stock.
Stock Samsung Galaxy S4.
MK2.
Version 4.3.

All I wanna do is make NanDroid backups. The reason I went with CWM is because I started using it back in the day when the HTC Incredible came out and that was my phone.
9th April 2014, 10:32 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 81

150 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by backsidesmack

I installed CWM from google play store and bought the premium version. Solely for the purpose of makeing NanDroid backups. When it boots into recovery it says error failed to mount /data or something like that. No option at all.

Rooted, but otherwise stock.
Stock Samsung Galaxy S4.
MK2.
Version 4.3.

All I wanna do is make NanDroid backups. The reason I went with CWM is because I started using it back in the day when the HTC Incredible came out and that was my phone.

You cannot install a custom recovery (incl. CWM) on the verizon S4 unless you buy one with MDK or a developer edition.

You can install safestrap though: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2441441
The Following User Says Thank You to Oishikatta For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th April 2014, 10:48 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
More
Ok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oishikatta

You cannot install a custom recovery (incl. CWM) on the verizon S4 unless you buy one with MDK or a developer edition.

You can install safestrap though: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2441441

SS won't work for me as I have encryption turned on. What about those software that clain to make NanDroid backups without booting into recovery? Thanks for the reply by the way.
9th April 2014, 11:16 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 81

150 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by backsidesmack

SS won't work for me as I have encryption turned on. What about those software that clain to make NanDroid backups without booting into recovery? Thanks for the reply by the way.

Without booting into recovery you won't be able to use the nandroid backups. So there's no reason to create them then.

Maybe consider backing up specific apps with Titanium Backup? https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...TitaniumBackup
9th April 2014, 11:29 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
More
Ok. I'll try titanium. Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread