[Q] Why hasn't my root attempt worked

9th April 2014, 07:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
I am cheer o all this rooting stuff so please bear with me. I have trying to my HTC and I went through the bootloader steps from HTC Dev and that worked fine. I then tried to do the firewater s off steps and I wasn't able to complete the su command after adb shell. I got the error: su: command not found. I was advised to carry on and do the following steps
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2708520
I did this using a gsm version as advised and it all seemed to be fine. Now I thought this would be done but using the simple root checker and trying to install an app requiring root it hasn't been done.

Any ideas what steps to take now?

Thank your for looking. My phone is a HTC one m8 on the three network in the UK which I believe is a gsm version.
9th April 2014, 11:50 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 197

589 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aksta

I am cheer o all this rooting stuff so please bear with me. I have trying to my HTC and I went through the bootloader steps from HTC Dev and that worked fine. I then tried to do the firewater s off steps and I wasn't able to complete the su command after adb shell. I got the error: su: command not found. I was advised to carry on and do the following steps
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2708520
I did this using a gsm version as advised and it all seemed to be fine. Now I thought this would be done but using the simple root checker and trying to install an app requiring root it hasn't been done.

Any ideas what steps to take now?

Thank your for looking. My phone is a HTC one m8 on the three network in the UK which I believe is a gsm version.

I use twrp over cwm, but it should work too. You need to flash super su in your recovery, reboot, enable usb debugging and download something like root checker to verify you have root. Once your doing the soff, when you type SU, watch your phone, it will ask about root, hit allow. Let me know.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in One (M8) Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank