Ask a question

No registration required

Wrong location in Google Now

OP StormConjurer

10th April 2014, 12:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

26 posts
For the past few weeks Google Now has given me weather updates and currency exchange rates for Christmas Island. Which would be great, but I'm in Ohio and have never been to Christmas Island in my life. The issue persists on multiple WiFi networks and 4G, even though GPS reports my location fine.
10th April 2014, 01:01 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 81

151 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormConjurer

For the past few weeks Google Now has given me weather updates and currency exchange rates for Christmas Island. Which would be great, but I'm in Ohio and have never been to Christmas Island in my life. The issue persists on multiple WiFi networks and 4G, even though GPS reports my location fine.

Are you using XPrivacy? I think the default for denying access to location in XPrivacy is to fake it to Christmas Island.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oishikatta For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2014, 01:14 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

26 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oishikatta

Are you using XPrivacy? I think the default for denying access to location in XPrivacy is to fake it to Christmas Island.

That is EXACTLY what happened. I couldn't find Google on the app list so I just assumed it wasn't restricted. Wasn't aware you had to poke around to find system apps. Thank you very much!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread