Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,440 Members 50,441 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wrong location in Google Now

Tip us?

StormConjurer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Wrong location in Google Now

For the past few weeks Google Now has given me weather updates and currency exchange rates for Christmas Island. Which would be great, but I'm in Ohio and have never been to Christmas Island in my life. The issue persists on multiple WiFi networks and 4G, even though GPS reports my location fine.

Oishikatta
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormConjurer View Post
For the past few weeks Google Now has given me weather updates and currency exchange rates for Christmas Island. Which would be great, but I'm in Ohio and have never been to Christmas Island in my life. The issue persists on multiple WiFi networks and 4G, even though GPS reports my location fine.
Are you using XPrivacy? I think the default for denying access to location in XPrivacy is to fake it to Christmas Island.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oishikatta For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

StormConjurer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oishikatta View Post
Are you using XPrivacy? I think the default for denying access to location in XPrivacy is to fake it to Christmas Island.
That is EXACTLY what happened. I couldn't find Google on the app list so I just assumed it wasn't restricted. Wasn't aware you had to poke around to find system apps. Thank you very much!