5,597,397 Members 31,353 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LiveView reverse-engineering effort

Tip us?

daolcer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
A useful thing will be that the displayed information could be rotated 90 so we can use the standard clip to hold the LiveView in any 'wrist-strap' as the new Sony smartwatch 2 does, instead of the silly-breakable adapter.

With this mod the microUSB will be accesible ALL THE TIME!!! to charge it and the buttons will be in one side.
If you can choose clokwise or counterclockwise (if you want the buttons by your hand or by your wrist or for left-handed or right-handed) it will be superb!

Is it possible?

Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottZ View Post
except RMA and soldering in a new battery there is no way to fix a dead battery.
I had his problem after updating FW using sony software updater

Presko
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbrody View Post
Here is the APK. Note that because I signed it with my own key, you will not be able to upgrade your OpenLiveView installation. You will have to uninstall OpenLiveView and re-install.

John
Does this version fix the frequently disconnections ?
Thanks for the erviving the theme
2013->Samsung i9300
2012->Samsung i9100
2011->iPhone 4s
2011->Star A3000
2008->SE Xperia x1 Dynamics 2.x
2004 ->HP h6340 1.36 Stock

GottZ
Old
Thanks Meter 110

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by daolcer View Post
A useful thing will be that the displayed information could be rotated 90 so we can use the standard clip to hold the LiveView in any 'wrist-strap' as the new Sony smartwatch 2 does, instead of the silly-breakable adapter.

With this mod the microUSB will be accesible ALL THE TIME!!! to charge it and the buttons will be in one side.
If you can choose clokwise or counterclockwise (if you want the buttons by your hand or by your wrist or for left-handed or right-handed) it will be superb!

Is it possible?
to be honest i thought about rotation too.
but in my case i even thought about gluing the watch into the broken wrist band part
(current) Nexus 4 ([KitKat-KVT49L][AOSPA4.0][BETA][SaberMod4.8] ParanoidSaberDroid - AOSPAL)
(lieing around somewhere) HTC Desire Z (Android 4.2.2) | XDA Touch Diamond (Windows Mobile 6.1)
(thrown away) Sony Ericsson W850i < Sony Ericsson T160 < Motorola Talkabout T191 < Nokia 5130 < Nokia 5110 < Alcatel One Touch Easy < Motorola M3888

gerard0986
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbrody View Post
Here is the APK. Note that because I signed it with my own key, you will not be able to upgrade your OpenLiveView installation. You will have to uninstall OpenLiveView and re-install.

John
Just wanna report that it crashes sometimes on my Galaxy S4 on Hyperdrive. Just shows a black page with the header and the Liveview can't connect. Stopping it and restarting the program doesn't seem to help, only restarting the device.

jtbrody
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presko View Post
Does this version fix the frequently disconnections ?
Thanks for the erviving the theme
I believe it does fix some disconnections. It did for me, however I did not see others having the same problem so I can't be sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerard0986 View Post
Just wanna report that it crashes sometimes on my Galaxy S4 on Hyperdrive. Just shows a black page with the header and the Liveview can't connect. Stopping it and restarting the program doesn't seem to help, only restarting the device.
Sorry to hear that
Are you able to pull logs with logcat?
Tags
github, livelierview, liveview, reverse-engineer