Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Help!!! ODIN/Kies Failed Update, Wont Update at all (solved)

OP mavicious

9th April 2014, 04:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
i have a sgh-i337 that i was going to downgrade and root via the saferoot method on here. i first downgraded the modem so i would have access to the hidden menu for unlocking purpose, after that the phone wouldnt accept any other flashing. i tried the PIT, stock firmware, stock rom all of these will fail in odin. i have tried to do a emergency firmware restore in kies which also fails.
please tell me theres some option im missing somewhere
Last edited by mavicious; 10th April 2014 at 03:12 AM.
9th April 2014, 02:31 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,796

10,866 posts
You can't down grade firmware on the i337. Try flashing the same firmware version as you had before attempting to down grade in Odin

Sent from my Nexus 5
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th April 2014, 04:13 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1,081

2,360 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavicious

i have a sgh-i337 that i was going to downgrade and root via the saferoot method on here. i first downgraded the modem so i would have access to the hidden menu for unlocking purpose, after that the phone wouldnt accept any other flashing. i tried the PIT, stock firmware, stock rom all of these will fail in odin. i have tried to do a emergency firmware restore in kies which also fails.
please tell me theres some option im missing somewhere

Since we don't know what firmware you are on we really can't help too much... thus said, have a look over at these links, and follow their directions to a T

MF3:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2358763
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2404970

MK2/NB1:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2680868
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2692825

Good luck
10th April 2014, 12:26 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
i was on NB1, sorry about the lack of info there.
i finally got it sorted out... well almost.
it turns out that flashing the modem again allowed me to get the phone back into working condition, after which i was able to downgrade to MK2
this worked fine and dandy with one issue remaining, i have no sound what so ever. no notification, music, video, nothing. wont even play music for that matter, says it cant open this type of file "mp3" even pandora wont play.

thanks for the replies.
10th April 2014, 03:15 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
flashing a stock NB1 fixed the sound issue, guess i will have to wait for someone to root till i mess with it again.
and for anyone interested the unlock method via hidden menu worked for me doing that downgrade/upgrade. im on tmobile
10th April 2014, 03:53 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 644

1,290 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavicious

i was on NB1, sorry about the lack of info there.
i finally got it sorted out... well almost.
it turns out that flashing the modem again allowed me to get the phone back into working condition, after which i was able to downgrade to MK2
this worked fine and dandy with one issue remaining, i have no sound what so ever. no notification, music, video, nothing. wont even play music for that matter, says it cant open this type of file "mp3" even pandora wont play.

thanks for the replies.

You can't use the ODIN modem files. You can get root on NB1. Follow the guide specifically, then flash the modems from RockRatt's thread through Safestrap.
The Following User Says Thank You to DeadlySin9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread