Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,580 Members 40,822 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How can I upgrade my stock rooted rom

Tip us?

DeadlySin9
Old
Thanks Meter 583

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by podunk View Post
Yes I have titanium backup and I will be sure to back up everything.

I was not familiar with loki so I did a little reading. Correct me if I'm wrong here but loki is something the rom developer uses to make it so my rom installation will go around the boot loader. I don't need to install anything related to loki I just need to make sure any rom that I chose is "loki'd". Correct? Therefore if my understanding is correct, once i've taken backup precautions, I would copy the loki'd rom to my sd card and flash via TWRP?

Again, I want to thank you for your help.
Loki is something the ROM developer can use. You either need to make sure the ROM is loki'd, or if you ever want to try something like an I9505 ROM, flash the loki-doki zip file after flashing the ROM (i'm not sure where the link is). Most ROMs in our dev section will have loki included, but i'd keep the loki-doki zip on your SD card just in case.
Current Device: ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337)

Past Devices:
Droid Bionic (GSM Hacked)
HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD)
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
HTC Dev Phone 1 (Dream/G1)

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3038
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9 View Post
Loki is something the ROM developer can use. You either need to make sure the ROM is loki'd, or if you ever want to try something like an I9505 ROM, flash the loki-doki zip file after flashing the ROM (i'm not sure where the link is). Most ROMs in our dev section will have loki included, but i'd keep the loki-doki zip on your SD card just in case.
+1. Just make sure you wipe in twrp and flash your rom.

Sent from my Nexus 5