Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,440 Members 48,926 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stable and Lag-Free Rom

Tip us?

samsung striker
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Stable and Lag-Free Rom

whats the best stable, lag free, and fast rom for the fascinate? is their any ROM that has JB/Kk? also, i need a rom with lots of internal space.

skepticmisfit
Old
Thanks Meter 122
honestly i've been most satisfied with EH03, the verizon stock ROM. i've tried every version of CyanogenMod and nothing has come close to the fluidity and speed of good ol gingybread.
although if you absolutely can not stand touchwiz for some reason, CM9 is ok but it has a couple of issues (no native wifi tethering, weird texts from blank numbers, sometimes it just freezes and reboots itself).

also i use imoseyon's lean kernel along with a couple of other mods.. if you want them let me know. it kinda looks like touchwiz 4 for me.
using the stock verizon build too, debloated, debinged, rooted. all the links to EH03-based ROMs are dead unfortunately.
The Following User Says Thank You to skepticmisfit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dee3
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsung striker View Post
whats the best stable, lag free, and fast rom for the fascinate? is their any ROM that has JB/Kk? also, i need a rom with lots of internal space.
4.2.2 avatar
The Following User Says Thank You to dee3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hhp_211
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 512
And it's so subjective,,, what works for one another despises...
I loved 'baked blackbean 6' it was 4.1.x jellybean (course i heavily tweaked it to my personal liking),,, and then came Slim ROM 4.2.2 ,,,
hellybean was good too,,,
Of course running the devil kennel from hellybean on these was the ticket too.
you just gotta be willing to take the plunge and try some different ones out till you find the one that trips your trigger the best :thumbup:
Currently Running :: Something with some kind of Kernel
Samsung Fascinate SCH-i500
[Kernels] Flashable Jellybean 4.2.x || 4.3 || & tweaks[`Kernels`&`Recovery`] Flashable KitKat || 4.4.x || & Tweaks
Links to Fascinate Android 4.2 and Older filesLinks to Fascinate Android 4.3 and Newer files
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=4298..........http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=7312
The Following User Says Thank You to hhp_211 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

skepticmisfit
Old
Thanks Meter 122
actually, based on prior experience, CM7 is the best non-TW GB ROM (although i'm content with my gutted out modded to hell EH03), ICS i just don't recommend because it gives excellent performance and is solid but the devs never fixed a few issues that are kinda big. JB just always lagged and stuttered too much but i remember Helly being a halfway decent rom
The Following User Says Thank You to skepticmisfit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

samsung striker
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee3 View Post
4.2.2 avatar
How much internal space does it have?