Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,785 Members 45,741 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Back to stock (KitKat)

Tip us?

AndroidInsanity
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 249

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Back to stock (KitKat)

Hi guys, hoping to get the Galaxy S5 tomorrow. So I wanna sell my Note 2.

I need to go back to stock to do this (not rooted, stock firmware)

I am currently running a 4.4 stock based custom ROM

I know with some Samsung's you can't downgrade after getting 4.4 firmware installed on your device.

Or can I download 4.3 firmware from sammobile and flash through odin without issues?

If this is the case. Would someone please Tell me a link to a 4.4 stock firmware I can flash through Odin please? Can't seem to find one.

PLUS any recommendations to prevent bricking my phone will be greatly appreciated!

Top reliable phones I have had: HTC One. LG G2, Nexus 4, Note 2, Nokia 5800, Motorola RAZR V3X, Motorola RAZR i, Nexus 5 Had many more, but these devices were the best IMO.

Current Phone: HTC One M8

Press THANKS if i helped you, it's nice knowing when you have helped somebody out

m.b.jikre
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by technostein View Post
Hi guys, hoping to get the Galaxy S5 tomorrow. So I wanna sell my Note 2.

I need to go back to stock to do this (not rooted, stock firmware)

I am currently running a 4.4 stock based custom ROM

I know with some Samsung's you can't downgrade after getting 4.4 firmware installed on your device.

Or can I download 4.3 firmware from sammobile and flash through odin without issues?

If this is the case. Would someone please Tell me a link to a 4.4 stock firmware I can flash through Odin please? Can't seem to find one.

PLUS any recommendations to prevent bricking my phone will be greatly appreciated!
Yes you can downgrade after a 'Custom' 4.4.2 to 4.3, not sure about official because it is still not available. Try flashing it with Mobile Odin Pro instead of PC Odin.

Note: Backup your all content and EFS as well to save signs of your phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to m.b.jikre For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]