5,594,805 Members 36,855 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

!Hard-brick (qhsusb_dload) after OTA2014 reduced flash? back alive via RIFF-Box JTAG!

Tip us?

kimba99
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by j13smiley View Post
impressive!!!

great info!

i wonder how many brave souls will ever try this. a new phone for $200 might be the easier route for most people.
well, there were still a few un-backup'ed photos and 1 week of sms on it i wanted to recover! likewise, as the Dinc4g is _not_ available in Europe at all ... i had to _import_ another one (so now i have temporarily 2 ) ... costing me S&H + import taxes in addition ... plus the JTAG fee. still it was/is worthwhile for me. ... as i love the design and power of the fireball!!

maybe i'll try to resize the partitions of system/cache a bit to enlarge the always too full userdata-partition. ((just dunno HOW to do it yet))
HTC Dinc4G LTE 1 (S-OFF) ... @ Pac4.3.1 (20140130!) MIKU_SO-04E TWRP 2.6.3.0n == ALIVE via RIFF-JTAG
HTC Dinc4G LTE 2 (S-OFF'ed _after_ the 2014-OTA!!!) ... @ Viper w/ InfernalK99-147u11 TWRP2.6.3.0n & PSM ...

willdo7474
Old
Thanks Meter 3
How would you suggest updating the radio and not bricking? I'm soff with the 0919 baseband. I'd like to flash the new radio but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Tags
dinc4g, fireball, firmware, qhsusb_dload, qpst