S pen cursor change solved with framework-res.apk modification

OP sakibchy

10th April 2014, 05:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Sylhet
Thanks Meter: 12

65 posts
More
Ok finally did it, after posting more than one request and hoped senior members would answer, which they never did. So finally with some hiccups and couple of hours or work i got rid of the annyoing black cursor removed from the aokp 4.4.2 rom which by default has no option to turn of or change the cursor.

A tweak in a file albeit remove it, however completely remove the palm rejection function ! so that is even worse...

Anyways long story short....
the pointer cursor could be found inside system/ framework/ framework-res.apk ... now wait... you cant simply open up the framework-res.apk ! Only way to do so, is to get it pulled by adb , or with root explorer in a rooted phone. I used Es file explorer, mounted System as RW and copied the frame-res.apk to the desktop.

Then with win rar, i opened the frame-res.apk, located the pointer icons inside , res/drawable xxhdpi folder and res/drawable xhdpi folder. the name of the files are pointer_arrow.png. I made a pointer in photoshop with only 10 *16 pixel maybe and just a dot . then renamed the file as pointed_arrow.png and replaced the original .

Now close win rar... and copy it to phone system folder.

Now the important part... dont directly copy the modified framework-res.apk in system/framework directory. doing so will cause bootloop !!

Just selet the modified file , check properties and change permission . Like this
Rw-r-r ...
.. now copy and replace the original framework-res.apk with this one . Reboot your device and pull out your spen and draw near the screen.

Congratulations...you are black arrow BUG free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cursor, pointer, spen
Previous Thread Next Thread