OP skivnit

9th April 2014, 08:22 AM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 142

1,413 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandroid13

Dead? ROMs: Omega, Wanam, Echoe, Bobcat...
Kernels: KT, Adam, Faux, Alucard, Talexop...

I guess you're one more who doesn't have an idea of what Knox is, and then talks BS.

I know what Knox is and I was talking about the exynos variant, as Wanam left for the snapdragon version then he said the next phone is htc m8. I could care less about warranty I have been using smartphones since the beginning and I have never used the warranty. So yeah, if we end up with 3 devs that's "dead support to me"

Andreilux I know that by q3 more powerful phones will be on the market but my s4 is driving me crazy with sudden battery drains and wifi wakelocks, I just wanna get rid of if. And yes I'm thankful for your work since I used it on s3 n2 and s4
Last edited by skivnit; 9th April 2014 at 08:29 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to skivnit For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th April 2014, 08:30 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 56

188 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skivnit

I know what Knox is and I was talking about the exynos variant, as Wanam left for the snapdragon version then he said the next phone is htc m8. I could care less about warranty I have been using smartphones since the beginning and I have never used the warranty. So yeah, if we end up with 3 devs that's "dead support to me"

I'm thinking of creating ROMs (at last!). I'm certainly buying the S5 and dev'ing for it.
9th April 2014, 10:47 AM   |  #13  
Flag England
Thanks Meter: 479

2,872 posts
More
The S5 won't see a massive amount of non-stock roms, and certainly less than the Snapdragon S4. But there will be some with the architecture being open source unlike Somsung's Exynos. Also, there will be a lot of roms based on stock.

To be honest, I'm probably going to be happy sticking with stock anyway as certain features will be lost as soon as Samsung's framework is taken out of the equation (fingerprint recognition being the main one).

What I would really love to see more than anything else is an exploit-based root solution that doesn't trip the knox flag. But I believe the Note 3 4.4.2 roms still haven't had that so I'm not holding my breath for the S5. I'm still deciding if I should leave my phone unrooted when I get it on Friday or just bite the bullet and trip the flag the CF Auto Root. The idea of not being able to use Viper4Android isn't one that appeals.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beefheart For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th April 2014, 02:31 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 162

205 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiLux

Still don't see why anybody from the S4 gen would warrant buying the S5 or M8 when they'll be bashed by the end of summer.

I wonder, what do you mean. Are we expecting something amazing by the end of the summer?

My personal opinion is that it is not worth spending money at anything because next year everything will be bashed by something like this...

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7925/q...upport-in-2015
9th April 2014, 03:51 PM   |  #15  
Flag south fl
Thanks Meter: 58

310 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagnell

The S5 won't see a massive amount of non-stock roms, and certainly less than the Snapdragon S4. But there will be some with the architecture being open source unlike Somsung's Exynos. Also, there will be a lot of roms based on stock.

To be honest, I'm probably going to be happy sticking with stock anyway as certain features will be lost as soon as Samsung's framework is taken out of the equation (fingerprint recognition being the main one).

What I would really love to see more than anything else is an exploit-based root solution that doesn't trip the knox flag. But I believe the Note 3 4.4.2 roms still haven't had that so I'm not holding my breath for the S5. I'm still deciding if I should leave my phone unrooted when I get it on Friday or just bite the bullet and trip the flag the CF Auto Root. The idea of not being able to use Viper4Android isn't one that appeals.

I agree, Touchwhiz has gotten a lot better, and I just use GoLauncher Prime and DiCikonZ icon package so I can put up with no roms, but really want to see a solution to root w/o tripping knox. I hate bloat that comes on Sammy/AT&T phones. And I want my damn Tibu back that I paid for.
9th April 2014, 06:07 PM   |  #16  
Flag Lynnwood
Thanks Meter: 23

50 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagnell

Im in agreement with you on both points. I don't necessarily care about a custom ROM as much as I care about gaining root and getting rid of the bloatware. I am new to the Galaxy S world of things (my S5 arrives today!) so I am glad to know there is a potential early option although a non-preferable one that trips a no warranty flag. However as mentioned in someone elses reply I have never used a warranty option with a phone, but the one time I count on that I may be jinxing myself.

Looking forward to getting my hands on this phone today, and hopefully root not too far behind.
The Following User Says Thank You to PuckX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th April 2014, 07:58 PM   |  #17  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 142

1,413 posts
More
I'm not into Roms that's I emphasize on kernel devs, that's how you unlock the phones potential
10th April 2014, 07:13 AM   |  #18  
Account currently disabled
Flag straya kienttt
Thanks Meter: 474

1,815 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandroid13

Dead? ROMs: Omega, Wanam, Echoe, Bobcat...
Kernels: KT, Adam, Faux, Alucard, Talexop...

I guess you're one more who doesn't have an idea of what Knox is, and then talks BS.

Agreed.

The people who cry are the ones who previously got away with rooting their device and keeping their warranty.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread