Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,782 Members 45,985 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How many devs?

Tip us?

skivnit
Old
(Last edited by skivnit; 9th April 2014 at 07:29 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandroid13 View Post
Dead? ROMs: Omega, Wanam, Echoe, Bobcat...
Kernels: KT, Adam, Faux, Alucard, Talexop...

I guess you're one more who doesn't have an idea of what Knox is, and then talks BS.
I know what Knox is and I was talking about the exynos variant, as Wanam left for the snapdragon version then he said the next phone is htc m8. I could care less about warranty I have been using smartphones since the beginning and I have never used the warranty. So yeah, if we end up with 3 devs that's "dead support to me"

Andreilux I know that by q3 more powerful phones will be on the market but my s4 is driving me crazy with sudden battery drains and wifi wakelocks, I just wanna get rid of if. And yes I'm thankful for your work since I used it on s3 n2 and s4
Iphone 4 16gb (gathering dust)
Blackberry 9900 (gathering dust as well)

Galaxy Note (KingDroid V3)
Galaxy S3 (Latest JB leak+ Stock Kernel)
Galaxy Note 2 N7100 (Stock)
The Following User Says Thank You to skivnit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

degast
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by skivnit View Post
I know what Knox is and I was talking about the exynos variant, as Wanam left for the snapdragon version then he said the next phone is htc m8. I could care less about warranty I have been using smartphones since the beginning and I have never used the warranty. So yeah, if we end up with 3 devs that's "dead support to me"
I'm thinking of creating ROMs (at last!). I'm certainly buying the S5 and dev'ing for it.
currently using: Samsung Galaxy S5
Stock 4.4.2

2013-2014: Samsung Galaxy Ace
2011-2013: LG Optimus 2X
2009-2011: Sony Ericsson Xperia X1
2008-2009: HTC Touch Diamond
2007-2008: Nokia 6500 Slide

Pagnell
Old
Thanks Meter 308
The S5 won't see a massive amount of non-stock roms, and certainly less than the Snapdragon S4. But there will be some with the architecture being open source unlike Somsung's Exynos. Also, there will be a lot of roms based on stock.

To be honest, I'm probably going to be happy sticking with stock anyway as certain features will be lost as soon as Samsung's framework is taken out of the equation (fingerprint recognition being the main one).

What I would really love to see more than anything else is an exploit-based root solution that doesn't trip the knox flag. But I believe the Note 3 4.4.2 roms still haven't had that so I'm not holding my breath for the S5. I'm still deciding if I should leave my phone unrooted when I get it on Friday or just bite the bullet and trip the flag the CF Auto Root. The idea of not being able to use Viper4Android isn't one that appeals.
Galaxy S4

Previous phones - Philips Diga, Nokia 6110, Nokia 3210, Nokia 7110, Nokia 8890, Nokia 9110i, Nokia 8310, Ericsson T28i, Nokia 6310, SE T68i, SE T610, Motorola V600, Nokia 6230, Samsung D500, SE K750, Motorola V3, Samsung D600, Nokia N73, HTC Artemis, LG KU990, Nokia N95 8gb, HTC Leo, Samsung Galaxy SII.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pagnell For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

karlesg
Old
Thanks Meter 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiLux View Post

Still don't see why anybody from the S4 gen would warrant buying the S5 or M8 when they'll be bashed by the end of summer.
I wonder, what do you mean. Are we expecting something amazing by the end of the summer?

My personal opinion is that it is not worth spending money at anything because next year everything will be bashed by something like this...

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7925/q...upport-in-2015

surf1
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagnell View Post
The S5 won't see a massive amount of non-stock roms, and certainly less than the Snapdragon S4. But there will be some with the architecture being open source unlike Somsung's Exynos. Also, there will be a lot of roms based on stock.

To be honest, I'm probably going to be happy sticking with stock anyway as certain features will be lost as soon as Samsung's framework is taken out of the equation (fingerprint recognition being the main one).

What I would really love to see more than anything else is an exploit-based root solution that doesn't trip the knox flag. But I believe the Note 3 4.4.2 roms still haven't had that so I'm not holding my breath for the S5. I'm still deciding if I should leave my phone unrooted when I get it on Friday or just bite the bullet and trip the flag the CF Auto Root. The idea of not being able to use Viper4Android isn't one that appeals.
I agree, Touchwhiz has gotten a lot better, and I just use GoLauncher Prime and DiCikonZ icon package so I can put up with no roms, but really want to see a solution to root w/o tripping knox. I hate bloat that comes on Sammy/AT&T phones. And I want my damn Tibu back that I paid for.

PuckX
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagnell View Post

Im in agreement with you on both points. I don't necessarily care about a custom ROM as much as I care about gaining root and getting rid of the bloatware. I am new to the Galaxy S world of things (my S5 arrives today!) so I am glad to know there is a potential early option although a non-preferable one that trips a no warranty flag. However as mentioned in someone elses reply I have never used a warranty option with a phone, but the one time I count on that I may be jinxing myself.

Looking forward to getting my hands on this phone today, and hopefully root not too far behind.
The Following User Says Thank You to PuckX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

skivnit
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 133
I'm not into Roms that's I emphasize on kernel devs, that's how you unlock the phones potential
Iphone 4 16gb (gathering dust)
Blackberry 9900 (gathering dust as well)

Galaxy Note (KingDroid V3)
Galaxy S3 (Latest JB leak+ Stock Kernel)
Galaxy Note 2 N7100 (Stock)

Hellscythe
Old
Thanks Meter 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandroid13 View Post
Dead? ROMs: Omega, Wanam, Echoe, Bobcat...
Kernels: KT, Adam, Faux, Alucard, Talexop...

I guess you're one more who doesn't have an idea of what Knox is, and then talks BS.
Agreed.

The people who cry are the ones who previously got away with rooting their device and keeping their warranty.