[Q] Lost Phone, Can I use Sprint LG G2 On verizon?

OP marcusrab

8th January 2014, 10:02 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 11

84 posts
More
I had a little too much fun on new years eve .. I set my Verizon LG G2 down on a table and apparently either I left it or it was stolen .. I probably left it hahaha..

Now i'm trying to get another one .. I really loved the phone...

I'm scouring eBay ..

I'm in a 2 year contract with verizon ..... but, I wanted to know ... Can I use a Sprint based LG G2 on the verizon network ? Will I still get verizon LTE ?

Same thing with T-mobile versions ? Can I get all the bands and function I did out of my verizon LG G2 ?

Thanks for the heads up guys.
9th January 2014, 02:58 AM   |  #2  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 7

63 posts
More
I know that the Verizon one can use Sprint, but I am not sure about the other war around. I think the global one works on Verizon's LTE band, although I am not sure an that either. If you can afford it, get the Verizon model (VS980) off contract. You can check the bands and other specs on phone arena.

The T-Mobile one seems to share frequencies of Verizon's though.

Hope I helped.
9th January 2014, 04:00 AM   |  #3  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 293

1,734 posts
More
Verizon and Sprint are CDMA carriers and run on compatible CDMA frequencies and technologies (1xRTT, EvDO) and both their branded phones can roam on/off each other's network for both voice and data.

Having said that, the fact that they're primarily CDMA carriers means that you cannot just bring a phone onto their respective networks. The ESN/MEID of the phone has to already be in their database for them to activate.

So, taking a Sprint LG G2 and walking into a Verizon store or calling Verizon to activate it will get you a big fat NO, and vice versa.
Is it technically possible? Of course.
Worth the effort/hassle? No.

T-Mobile is a GSM carrier, no CDMA, so that's out of the question, same with AT&T, or any GSM variant of the G2.

Get a Verizon LG G2. Just keep looking carefully and you'll find a good deal.

I got my Sprint LG G2 mint in box for 325, clean ESN, no funny business. Love it to bits.
Last edited by LordLugard; 9th January 2014 at 04:03 AM.
10th April 2014, 04:11 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 12

71 posts
Wink You can use Sprint LG G2 on Tmobile, takes about 20 minutes
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLugard

Verizon and Sprint are CDMA carriers and run on compatible CDMA frequencies and technologies (1xRTT, EvDO) and both their branded phones can roam on/off each other's network for both voice and data.

Having said that, the fact that they're primarily CDMA carriers means that you cannot just bring a phone onto their respective networks. The ESN/MEID of the phone has to already be in their database for them to activate.

So, taking a Sprint LG G2 and walking into a Verizon store or calling Verizon to activate it will get you a big fat NO, and vice versa.
Is it technically possible? Of course.
Worth the effort/hassle? No.

T-Mobile is a GSM carrier, no CDMA, so that's out of the question, same with AT&T, or any GSM variant of the G2.

Get a Verizon LG G2. Just keep looking carefully and you'll find a good deal.

I got my Sprint LG G2 mint in box for 325, clean ESN, no funny business. Love it to bits.

In response to this assessment I have to correct these "facts"
You CAN use Tmobile's network on Sprint LG G2 Variant. See Younggunners forum on Sprint-Tmobile rom.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2639165
I am currently getting 4G speeds at around 14 mb on the down and 4 on the up, very workable.
I can attest that it works; I have also performed the flash on other sprint LG G2 LS980 Variants as well.
I am using Justin's rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...639165&page=11,
It's an awesome stock experience!
10th April 2014, 06:16 AM   |  #5  
Flag TR, NJ
Thanks Meter: 41

308 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twill1987

In response to this assessment I have to correct these "facts"
You CAN use Tmobile's network on Sprint LG G2 Variant. See Younggunners forum on Sprint-Tmobile rom.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2639165
I am currently getting 4G speeds at around 14 mb on the down and 4 on the up, very workable.
I can attest that it works; I have also performed the flash on other sprint LG G2 LS980 Variants as well.
I am using Justin's rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...639165&page=11,
It's an awesome stock experience!

I think you missed what he was saying. He was saying that the T-Mobile and ATT variants do not support any CDMA so they will not work at all. The sprint variant supports Verizon CDMA but verizon will not activate a sprint device on their network. In any case the sprint device does not support Verizon LTE bands. Even if Verizon activated a sprint g2 on their network it would be 3G only.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in G2 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank