Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Will CM work with new partitions post HTC RUU 2013

OP rohanpatelt7

10th April 2014, 03:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
You guys have any idea if CM will start making nightlies and roms in general for Jewel post RUU that HTC officially launched for Android 4.3 and Sense 5?

I am aware that using the RUU on the device will update radios, bootloader, etc and partitions. The existing CMs (I have tried nightlies) don't flash because of different partitions.

GoblinZ, here on XDA, uploads the nightlies for CM with the modified partitions and this leads me to my second question. Every time I flash one of his roms of CM (unofficial) does that mean if I want to update then I need to factory reset and install rom from recovery? I cannot use the CM updater in the settings menu because it is unofficial right?

Whoever can help, thanks very much! I am new but feel welcome!
10th April 2014, 04:30 AM   |  #2  
GoblinZ's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 380
 
170 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanpatelt7

You guys have any idea if CM will start making nightlies and roms in general for Jewel post RUU that HTC officially launched for Android 4.3 and Sense 5?

I am aware that using the RUU on the device will update radios, bootloader, etc and partitions. The existing CMs (I have tried nightlies) don't flash because of different partitions.

GoblinZ, here on XDA, uploads the nightlies for CM with the modified partitions and this leads me to my second question. Every time I flash one of his roms of CM (unofficial) does that mean if I want to update then I need to factory reset and install rom from recovery? I cannot use the CM updater in the settings menu because it is unofficial right?

Whoever can help, thanks very much! I am new but feel welcome!

Updater will not work because unofficial right. CM will probably not be doing official with new partitions.

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to GoblinZ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2014, 04:49 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoblinZ

Updater will not work because unofficial right. CM will probably not be doing official with new partitions.

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

That means that any time I want to update from your nightlies, I would have to factory reset and loose my phone data? Thanks
10th April 2014, 07:17 AM   |  #4  
GoblinZ's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 380
 
170 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanpatelt7

That means that any time I want to update from your nightlies, I would have to factory reset and loose my phone data? Thanks

In order to go from that new format CM I built to an official cyanogenmod build on the old format, you would need an RUU to go back to the old format...this alone would require a clean flash (ie you would lose your data). I built this as a stop gap for people who would like to still use an updated CM on the new format.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoblinZ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes