FORUMS

Which Features from Apple Watch Do You Think Android Wear Will Copy?

The Apple Watch and Android Wear are both growing platforms. Now … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (May 15 – 22)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Android 5.1 for the Nvidia Shield Tablet is Out!

Nvidia is quite good at delivering updates in a timely fashion. The producer of famous … more

Other than XDA (of Course), What’s Your Favorite Site That Covers Android?

There is a number of other great sites that cover … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Urgent Help

9th April 2014, 01:25 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 271
 
More
Need a hand

I bought a Note 2 in second hand. And the guy who sold it to me propably tricked me. It had Ditto Note 3 ROM installed and after a few hours of use it froze, got to the Samsung Logo and staye there for hours. The only solution was a battery pull.
It happens 2 or 3 times a day.
Read a lot of threads.... updated the firmware, the bootlader, the recovery, installed the latest version of Ditto ROM and the same stuff.
Now i'm in boot loop and can't get out of it.
Any solution? what can i do?
 
 
9th April 2014, 03:03 PM |#2  
m.b.jikre's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunoavrocha

Need a hand

I bought a Note 2 in second hand. And the guy who sold it to me propably tricked me. It had Ditto Note 3 ROM installed and after a few hours of use it froze, got to the Samsung Logo and staye there for hours. The only solution was a battery pull.
It happens 2 or 3 times a day.
Read a lot of threads.... updated the firmware, the bootlader, the recovery, installed the latest version of Ditto ROM and the same stuff.
Now i'm in boot loop and can't get out of it.
Any solution? what can i do?

Do you want a Stock Rom or likin' current OS? If you want to keep current OS then try reset you phone in "Settings >> Backup & Reset"

And battery pulling out of phone is not the only option in situation like this, you can also press and hold power key for 4~8 secs it'd also restart the phone.

Note: Backup Internal Storage content before resetting.
9th April 2014, 03:16 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 271
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.b.jikre

Do you want a Stock Rom or likin' current OS? If you want to keep current OS then try reset you phone in "Settings >> Backup & Reset"

And battery pulling out of phone is not the only option in situation like this, you can also press and hold power key for 4~8 secs it'd also restart the phone.

Note: Backup Internal Storage content before resetting.

i just want to try to stop the freezes....
how can i install a stock rom?
9th April 2014, 03:51 PM |#4  
hazin99's Avatar
Member
Flag Trivandrum
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunoavrocha

i just want to try to stop the freezes....
how can i install a stock rom?

Download ur phone latest firmware from sammobile. (1.2+ gb)
Extract it anywhere u willl find an md5 file
download odin, install Samsung drivers on ur pc
Make sure u have battery more than 80%
Switch off ur phone
Remove battery
Open odin on pc..(disable any antivirus installed in ur PC before opening recomended to detect devices)
Click PDA tab and select md5 file u downloaded
Tick only on auto reboot and f. Reset time on odin.. Uncheck others
Re insert battery
Boot up ur phone into download mode(to do so hold vol. Down+menu+power) after screen light up press vol up to enter download mode)
Connect usbcable to both phone and pc
U will notice a colour change in a box of odin if ur device is detected
Click on start.. Then odin starts installing stock rom and ur device will reboot after process

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to hazin99 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th April 2014, 04:07 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 271
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazin99

Download ur phone latest firmware from sammobile. (1.2+ gb)
Extract it anywhere u willl find an md5 file
download odin, install Samsung drivers on ur pc
Make sure u have battery more than 80%
Switch off ur phone
Remove battery
Open odin on pc..(disable any antivirus installed in ur PC before opening recomended to detect devices)
Click PDA tab and select md5 file u downloaded
Tick only on auto reboot and f. Reset time on odin.. Uncheck others
Re insert battery
Boot up ur phone into download mode(to do so hold vol. Down+menu+power) after screen light up press vol up to enter download mode)
Connect usbcable to both phone and pc
U will notice a colour change in a box of odin if ur device is detected
Click on start.. Then odin starts installing stock rom and ur device will reboot after process

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sorry for another stupid question, i bought the in second hand and i don't know where it came from....
so how do i
Download ur phone latest firmware from sammobile ?
9th April 2014, 05:41 PM |#6  
sawdoctor's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag warrington
Thanks Meter: 4,349
 
More
Do you know which model it is? If you go to settings about device and take a screen shot and upload it. We might be able to help a bit more and also make sure you flash the right firmware

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to sawdoctor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2014, 06:23 AM |#7  
hazin99's Avatar
Member
Flag Trivandrum
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunoavrocha

sorry for another stupid question, i bought the in second hand and i don't know where it came from....
so how do i
Download ur phone latest firmware from sammobile ?

Download 4.3 latest rom for ur current region.. If ur phone is unlocked its not a problem at all... My phone is Officially UAE based but now I am using INDIAN version now for getting fast updates and my current region.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes