XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nova launcher scrolling wallpaper without zooming

Tip us?

cashys
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Nova launcher scrolling wallpaper without zooming

Anyone found the correct wallpaper size so when using it with Nova launcher doesn't get zoomed if you choose scrolling?

Its really annoying.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-P605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Lordjish
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashys View Post
Anyone found the correct wallpaper size so when using it with Nova launcher doesn't get zoomed if you choose scrolling?

Its really annoying.

Thanks

I am not sure of the correct size, but I use Multipicture Live Wallpaper if you like the idea of having more than one wallpaper. I look for wallpaper at our resolution (I am guessing 16:10)
T-Mobile Note 3 running Wicked KK v1

Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 Scott's Rom v1

i.Design
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I use 500 fire paper. Works great

Sent from my XT1055 using xda app-developers app

JulianPaoloThiry
Old
Thanks Meter 144

DONATE TO ME
It's "zooming" because the image must work in both landscape and portrait mode. It will always do that no matter how big the image is. Make sure the image chooser you use shows both the portrait and landscape boxes simultaneously if you want an accurate idea of what it will look like once chosen.
The Following User Says Thank You to JulianPaoloThiry For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BigBroham1984
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianPaoloThiry View Post
It's "zooming" because the image must work in both landscape and portrait mode. It will always do that no matter how big the image is. Make sure the image chooser you use shows both the portrait and landscape boxes simultaneously if you want an accurate idea of what it will look like once chosen.
I use 'Simple Image Wallpaper'. You can choose the ENTIRE image for landscape & choose how you want the cropped one to appear for portait (or vice versa). It is NOT a live wallpaper, that is just how it gets around the limitations listed by the Playah above.

Once installed, you pick 'live wallpaper' from the system wallpaper options, THEN 'Simple Image Wallpaper'. Pick your image(s) in settings.

Hope that helps!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...imagewallpaper

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigBroham1984 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cashys
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
I will give it a try. Thanks!

FTBLLKiD
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashys View Post

Its really annoying.

Thanks

I am using Nova Launcher on Note 2 and the screen resolution is 720x1280
multiplied width by 2 so 1440x1280 should be perfect fit.

Try multiplying the height or the width by 2 and see if it fits perfectly

hope I helped
The Following User Says Thank You to FTBLLKiD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MCSquared16
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBroham1984 View Post
I use 'Simple Image Wallpaper'. You can choose the ENTIRE image for landscape & choose how you want the cropped one to appear for portait (or vice versa). It is NOT a live wallpaper, that is just how it gets around the limitations listed by the Playah above.

Once installed, you pick 'live wallpaper' from the system wallpaper options, THEN 'Simple Image Wallpaper'. Pick your image(s) in settings.

Hope that helps!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
I just tried this out and it works perfectly. Thanks!