Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,393 Members 52,770 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Confused which S5 to buy

Tip us?
 
kamrul.auntu
Old
#1  
kamrul.auntu's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 113
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Dhaka
Default Confused which S5 to buy

Guys,

Would someone please advice me for which S5 should I go for ? There will be Snapdragon 801 and Exynos version will be available in my local market from tomorrow onward. Samsung official will sell Exynos version and other open market seller will be selling also S801 alongside Exynos.

I have seen couple of reviews that Exynos did better performance over S801 version. I need some of you guys more depth advice.
 
Hellscythe
Old
#2  
Hellscythe's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 463
Posts: 1,774
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: straya kienttt
Really it comes down to if you need LTE or not and which one is cheaper.
My advice is just go for the cheaper one if you don't need LTE.
But if they are priced the same or very close, Snapdragon will be the way to go because more dev support.
Yes, the exynos is faster in benchmarks, but only slightly, you won't see much difference in real world usage.
 
system.img
Old
#3  
system.img's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 485
Posts: 2,162
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chennai
Although Exynos does have higher performance than the SD801, the difference in everyday use is negligible. Also SD801 has LTE and also better Dev support. Also, the games on the Play Store are more optimized for the Adreno 330 than the Mali GPU of the Exynos.

It is better to go for the Snapdragon version. If the Exynos version is priced much lower than the SD version, you might want to think a bit.
 
sunny1119
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 126
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: ahmedabad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellscythe View Post
Really it comes down to if you need LTE or not and which one is cheaper.
My advice is just go for the cheaper one if you don't need LTE.
But if they are priced the same or very close, Snapdragon will be the way to go because more dev support.
Yes, the exynos is faster in benchmarks, but only slightly, you won't see much difference in real world usage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by system.img View Post
Although Exynos does have higher performance than the SD801, the difference in everyday use is negligible. Also SD801 has LTE and also better Dev support. Also, the games on the Play Store are more optimized for the Adreno 330 than the Mali GPU of the Exynos.

It is better to go for the Snapdragon version. If the Exynos version is priced much lower than the SD version, you might want to think a bit.


Exynos is always costed more than snapdragon version though it dosent have LTE support it costs 51500 in Indian rupees tat is around 850$ more than 100$ more than snapdragon version
 
system.img
Old
#5  
system.img's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 485
Posts: 2,162
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chennai
Deleted
 
Hellscythe
Old
#6  
Hellscythe's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 463
Posts: 1,774
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: straya kienttt
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny1119 View Post
Exynos is always costed more than snapdragon version though it dosent have LTE support it costs 51500 in Indian rupees tat is around 850$ more than 100$ more than snapdragon version
I guess it's the marketing idea of 8 cores are better than 4 lol.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes