Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Confused which S5 to buy

OP kamrul.auntu

10th April 2014, 06:57 AM   |  #1  
Guys,

Would someone please advice me for which S5 should I go for ? There will be Snapdragon 801 and Exynos version will be available in my local market from tomorrow onward. Samsung official will sell Exynos version and other open market seller will be selling also S801 alongside Exynos.

I have seen couple of reviews that Exynos did better performance over S801 version. I need some of you guys more depth advice.
10th April 2014, 07:09 AM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Flag straya kienttt
Thanks Meter: 474

1,815 posts
More
Really it comes down to if you need LTE or not and which one is cheaper.
My advice is just go for the cheaper one if you don't need LTE.
But if they are priced the same or very close, Snapdragon will be the way to go because more dev support.
Yes, the exynos is faster in benchmarks, but only slightly, you won't see much difference in real world usage.
10th April 2014, 07:10 AM   |  #3  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 486

2,178 posts
More
Although Exynos does have higher performance than the SD801, the difference in everyday use is negligible. Also SD801 has LTE and also better Dev support. Also, the games on the Play Store are more optimized for the Adreno 330 than the Mali GPU of the Exynos.

It is better to go for the Snapdragon version. If the Exynos version is priced much lower than the SD version, you might want to think a bit.
10th April 2014, 07:23 AM   |  #4  
Flag ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 12

127 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellscythe

Really it comes down to if you need LTE or not and which one is cheaper.
My advice is just go for the cheaper one if you don't need LTE.
But if they are priced the same or very close, Snapdragon will be the way to go because more dev support.
Yes, the exynos is faster in benchmarks, but only slightly, you won't see much difference in real world usage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by system.img

Although Exynos does have higher performance than the SD801, the difference in everyday use is negligible. Also SD801 has LTE and also better Dev support. Also, the games on the Play Store are more optimized for the Adreno 330 than the Mali GPU of the Exynos.

It is better to go for the Snapdragon version. If the Exynos version is priced much lower than the SD version, you might want to think a bit.

Exynos is always costed more than snapdragon version though it dosent have LTE support it costs 51500 in Indian rupees tat is around 850$ more than 100$ more than snapdragon version
10th April 2014, 07:28 AM   |  #5  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 486

2,178 posts
More
Deleted
10th April 2014, 07:58 AM   |  #6  
Account currently disabled
Flag straya kienttt
Thanks Meter: 474

1,815 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny1119

Exynos is always costed more than snapdragon version though it dosent have LTE support it costs 51500 in Indian rupees tat is around 850$ more than 100$ more than snapdragon version

I guess it's the marketing idea of 8 cores are better than 4 lol.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread