XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Magnetic charging problems

Tip us?

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodimo View Post
Hi my magnetic port just stopped working I'm using original Sony cable. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Get it fixed via Warranty?
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

dladz
Old
Thanks Meter 674

DONATE TO ME
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Magneti...gnetic+dock+z1

Had this one for a while, think it's official, works like a treat, i've got it linked to an ipad charger, not sure how long a full charge is but it's pretty quick.

Around an hour maybe less i think.

As for yours, whoever you bought it from, email / call them and send it back to them for a refund / replacement.
Phones: Moto 888 - Nokia 6110 - Nokia 3210 - Nokia 3310 - Nokia 8210 - Samsung e250 - Sony F305 - LG Viewty - G1 - HTC Hero - HTC Desire HD - HTC Sensation - Nokia Lumia 800 - HTC EVO 3D - Samsung i9300 - Asus Prime TF201 silver - HTC One - Galaxy Camera - Z1

Sophia Zhao
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckfyter View Post
II just put it in the dock connected to a charger (sony output 1500mA) and after a while there was a message on the screen that the system was not charging.

Do I need a higher output mA?

Do you know which connector is which (+/-) so I could try with wires to try to figure out what is wrong.
Have you try the different position when charge with the magnetic cable? I heard that the upper pin and lower pin is different, The black ring of lower one is bigger than the upper one. And i suppose the lower one is the positive pin after testing by the instrument. So if you put the magnetic connector wrong position, it will not charge.

jacker60
Old
Thanks Meter 93

DONATE TO ME
I'm facing some random problems with magentic chargind (take sometimes long time to charge, on kitkat it overheat a lot....) but in general 90% of the time, doesnt have any problem at all (except in kitkat)

Xperia Z1 Owner - Jelly Bean

If you think my post help you press the thanks button! also sometimes sorry if I write something and you don't understand I still learning English