Moto G as a gaming device?

• Low performer , play at low settings

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread
Apr 8, 2014
Okay hi
I'm new to this forum and was thinking to buy a Moto G ( XT1033 16Gb) mostly for gaming purposes. So the Adreno series is awesome with Open GL ES 3.0 support. So my questions are -

1. As the title says - Moto G for Gaming? Should I?
2. Would Moto g be able to play most of the games in the play store right now and those coming after at medium settings ( i.e. Modern combat 4 and , asphalt series , real racing , and many others) ?
3. Okay so the Adreno 3xx series has GL 3.0 support? How is GL 3.0 better than 2.0 and would all games be able to utilize the new API? Also does it provide any significant performance boost?
4. I know best ROMS/KERNEL threads are banned but I want to ask that can anybody recommend me a good rom and kernel combination for Moto G? Most probably a good one is the fauxkernel + Nexus G , is the combination good for gaming?
5. Or should I stay at stock with a new kernel?
6. The screen is awesome , can it be a good one for a gamer?
7. At last , again should I go with the purchase , it's an awesome phone ( Yeah I need it just for gaming purposes ) and of course the development is good , so is the gaming power of Moto G real good or just good at low settings?

Thanks a lot , this would help a lot of gamers out there :D

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2014
If you looking for a pure gaming phone look some where else . If you want an all round phone which can also be used for ocassional gaming (at decent frame rates) and is not heavy on the pocket Moto G is not a bad choice .

You have too many questions .. only time can answer some of them ;)

Ahh , hope i get answered sooooon!!

And what about any other alternative at below 20k Rs ?

Last edited:

ViolenceFreak

Apr 3, 2014
Bronx
I would say it handles games pretty darn well for a phone at its price. I can play games like shadowgun deadzone, asphalt 8, dead trigger and even the GTA games at a very smooth frame rate at all times. If you put a custom ROM and kernel on your device you can get even more performance for the same amount of money.