Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Poor games performance on i9505

OP gucio_28

8th April 2014, 11:15 AM   |  #11  
TheBeast's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
77 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAndroid12

Dead Trigger 2, Riptide GP2, Most Wanted (defaulted reflection?), Shadowgun DZ is smooth on max

The only problem I have is with all the Rockstar and EA games

27 fps average on NFS MW is far from smooth. The I9500 gets 40-60 fps.
Riptide GP2 is smooth when you lower the resolution but I expected it to run 30 and over on max res, but lower resolution isn't noticeable so it's ok.
Dead Trigger 2 and Shadowgun DZ run exactly the same, there are lag spikes every couple of seconds where it drops up to 10 frames, which is really bad. Take a look at the vid below, bad quality but you can kinda see the fps meter and how the frames drop from 30 to 24/23/21. Same thing with Dead trigger 2.
For example at 0:24 it drops from 30 to 22 and then quickly goes back up to 30.

http://youtu.be/bRTSBJ8RVoQ

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img823/9798/qxfs.png
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img823/812/41ng.png

30 is decent but those lag spikes....

You're not rooted so you can't check, but the fps meter confirms that what I'm seeing are indeed fps drops. Maybe you aren't noticing them, I just don't get how. It obviously lags and spoils your gaming experience...
Last edited by TheBeast; 8th April 2014 at 11:35 AM.
8th April 2014, 12:50 PM   |  #12  
MrAndroid12's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 136
 
1,000 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast

27 fps average on NFS MW is far from smooth. The I9500 gets 40-60 fps.
Riptide GP2 is smooth when you lower the resolution but I expected it to run 30 and over on max res, but lower resolution isn't noticeable so it's ok.
Dead Trigger 2 and Shadowgun DZ run exactly the same, there are lag spikes every couple of seconds where it drops up to 10 frames, which is really bad. Take a look at the vid below, bad quality but you can kinda see the fps meter and how the frames drop from 30 to 24/23/21. Same thing with Dead trigger 2.
For example at 0:24 it drops from 30 to 22 and then quickly goes back up to 30.

http://youtu.be/bRTSBJ8RVoQ

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img823/9798/qxfs.png
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img823/812/41ng.png

30 is decent but those lag spikes....

You're not rooted so you can't check, but the fps meter confirms that what I'm seeing are indeed fps drops. Maybe you aren't noticing them, I just don't get how. It obviously lags and spoils your gaming experience...

Which country are you from? perheps one that is pretty hot?

The problem you are describing, "27 fps average on NFS MW is far from smooth. The I9500 gets 40-60 fps.
Riptide GP2 is smooth when you lower the resolution but I expected it to run 30 and over on max res, but lower resolution isn't noticeable so it's ok.
Dead Trigger 2 and Shadowgun DZ run exactly the same, there are lag spikes every couple of seconds where it drops up to 10 frames"

only happens to me when I am inside with the heater turned on and one overheated phone.
8th April 2014, 01:12 PM   |  #13  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
The problem is not the phone,the game maker is the one to blame because they didn't optimize their games to our phone because of the many android phones around,imagine how much time it takes to optimize a game,maybe if samsung pays them we will all have a lag free games
8th April 2014, 02:23 PM   |  #14  
TheBeast's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
77 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAndroid12

Which country are you from? perheis why one does not buy android phones one that is pretty hot?

The problem you are describing, "27 fps average on NFS MW is far from smooth. The I9500 gets 40-60 fps.
Riptide GP2 is smooth when you lower the resolution but I expected it to run 30 and over on max res, but lower resolution isn't noticeable so it's ok.
Dead Trigger 2 and Shadowgun DZ run exactly the same, there are lag spikes every couple of seconds where it drops up to 10 frames"

only happens to me when I am inside with the heater turned on and one overheated phone.

Nope, temps are fine, around 30 c.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil522

The problem is not the phone,the game maker is the one to blame because they didn't optimize their games to our phone because of the many android phones around,imagine how much time it takes to optimize a game,maybe if samsung pays them we will all have a lag free games

Yes but its fair to say that this phone doesn' offer smooth gaming, reason is irrelevant.
And yeah there are too many phones to be optimized for, this is why one does not buy an android phone for gaming -_-
I realized this too late.
8th April 2014, 02:46 PM   |  #15  
MrAndroid12's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 136
 
1,000 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast

Nope, temps are fine, around 30 c.



Yes but its fair to say that this phone doesn' offer smooth gaming, reason is irrelevant.
And yeah there are too many phones to be optimized for, this is why one does not buy an android phone for gaming -_-
I realized this too late.

holy crap 30 degrees C.... I'd would be sweating like hell
8th April 2014, 03:31 PM   |  #16  
lolo9393's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chau Doc Vietnam
Thanks Meter: 114
 
458 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
My be this OP put his finger where your problem can be located.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2702168
8th April 2014, 08:59 PM   |  #17  
TheBeast's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
77 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAndroid12

holy crap 30 degrees C.... I'd would be sweating like hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolo9393

My be this OP put his finger where your problem can be located.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2702168

Thermal throttling is something that is present in all phones afaik. Games lag on the I9505 when it's cool as well, as on the screenshots and video I posted. When it hits some temp over 50 or so everything lags even more but that's another topic.
9th April 2014, 01:20 PM   |  #18  
Member
Flag Timisoara
Thanks Meter: 11
 
45 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast

Thermal throttling is something that is present in all phones afaik. Games lag on the I9505 when it's cool as well, as on the screenshots and video I posted. When it hits some temp over 50 or so everything lags even more but that's another topic.

I think there is a fix for this problem....i think in themes and apps, someone posted how to make ur CPU go at the same speed when the game starts and after one hour of play....even tough the phone gets hot, it runs the games smooth and well. My i9505 runs any game without lag, on the right Rom with the right settings, no lag at all...Try different settings guys and keep the best one for your phone
9th April 2014, 01:53 PM   |  #19  
gsmyth's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 447
 
1,380 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzybad

I think there is a fix for this problem....i think in themes and apps, someone posted how to make ur CPU go at the same speed when the game starts and after one hour of play....even tough the phone gets hot, it runs the games smooth and well. My i9505 runs any game without lag, on the right Rom with the right settings, no lag at all...Try different settings guys and keep the best one for your phone

Below is link to the Xposed module that disables DVFS, is that what you are referring to? It seems to solve the issue of the CPU throttling and seems essential if you're gaming a lot on your phone.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2674928
Last edited by gsmyth; 9th April 2014 at 01:56 PM.
10th April 2014, 09:55 AM   |  #20  
TheBeast's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
77 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
I don't see the point in dealing with thermal throttling when the phone drops frames even when it's cool.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes