5,598,542 Members 45,357 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Use Research Download (Spredtrum ROM Flash)

Tip us?

Ravage32
Old
(Last edited by Ravage32; 14th February 2014 at 06:29 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42

DONATE TO ME
Phone [GUIDE] Use Research Download (Spredtrum ROM Flash)

How To Use Research Download!

Hey all! I was looking around the web and i didn't seem able to find a actually proper tutorial on how to
use research download for flashing phones and such. It not necessarily difficult it just took me a while to
figure out how to use when i first started using it so i thought I'd make a tutorial for anyone who doesn't
know it

Glossary
Flash: To overwrite your phones existing software with another.
Rom: Firmware for your phone.
.pac file: File in which research download uses.

Before this it is important to have the VCOM drivers for you phone installed on your computer. (Links Below)

To start go ahead and press the first gear button. This will open up a browse menu

Use the menu to browse for where your .pac file for your phone is saved. These files are usually given
from the phones manufacture. The browse menu can only open .pac files.

Once the file is loaded you can tell, you will be able to see the name on the bar (as shown).
Next press the second gear to open up the settings menu.

1. How much to port (self explanatory)
2. Bautrate. Leave this at 115200 unless your phone manufacture said otherwise. This works for the SC6820.
3. This will be automatically selected once you load the .pac file.
4. Where all the files are stored. You can actually extract these once you load a .pac file hehe :P .
5. Name of Each file. If its ticked it will be flashed. You can untick things you don't want to be flashed.
6. This is just if your going to build a .pac file from parts, don't worry about it that's a whole other thing.

Once your don't editing the settings you can go ahead and press Ok.

After your done press the arrow like button. This will start the process and have it ready for your phone.
Take the battery out of your phone now for at least 15 seconds. Place it back and plug in the usb while
simultaneously holding the volume down button. You should see in research download that it has started
flashing! ( You can let go of the volume key now :P) When it is finished just press the stop button and
disconnect your phone!

Feel free to ask questions, but PLEASE don't quote this whole thing. Quote sections!
Cheers!

Links
Research Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1g...0R2.9.7002.zip
Drivers: http://www.mediafire.com/download/cy...s%20LATEST.zip
If i helped you...Hit That THANKS Button!!!
=============================================

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ravage32 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stream13
Old
(Last edited by stream13; 2nd April 2014 at 07:13 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Fail: Preserve Calibration fail (cannot find nv item in nv) What does it mean?

I just made up the PAC file with NV = mtd6.backupfixnv.yaffs2.img extracted from other phone (same model). This is what was supposed to be done isn't it? Is the error saying that I got a wrong nvitem file or something?

I couldn't extract nvitem.bin file so I just pointed it to the mtd6.backupfixnv.yaffs2.img file.

Thanks ...

brijeshep
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1647
Good Guide!

All steps are described clearly...

But in the case of Spredtrum YXTEL G926 (Clone of Galaxy Ace) we have to UNCHECK all the items in Calibration Tab also....

♫♪☼☻►◄ All My Works on XDA ►◄☻☼♪♫
Devices: Samsung Galaxy Ace (GT-S5830), Samsung Galaxy Pocket (GT-S5300),
YXTEL G926, Micromax Canvas 2+,Samsung Galaxy Ace (GT-S5830i)

Ravage32
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by brijeshep View Post
But in the case of Spredtrum YXTEL G926 (Clone of Galaxy Ace) we have to UNCHECK all the items in Calibration Tab also....
Thanks for the feedback. I don't have one of those phones so i was not aware of that . Cheers
If i helped you...Hit That THANKS Button!!!
=============================================

Java Baba
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Not working for Micromax Bolt A34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravage32 View Post
How To Use Research Download!

Hey all! I was looking around the web and i didn't seem able to find a actually proper tutorial on how to
use research download for flashing phones and such. It not necessarily difficult it just took me a while to
figure out how to use when i first started using it so i thought I'd make a tutorial for anyone who doesn't
know it

Glossary
Flash: To overwrite your phones existing software with another.
Rom: Firmware for your phone.
.pac file: File in which research download uses.

Before this it is important to have the VCOM drivers for you phone installed on your computer. (Links Below)

To start go ahead and press the first gear button. This will open up a browse menu

Use the menu to browse for where your .pac file for your phone is saved. These files are usually given
from the phones manufacture. The browse menu can only open .pac files.

Once the file is loaded you can tell, you will be able to see the name on the bar (as shown).
Next press the second gear to open up the settings menu.

1. How much to port (self explanatory)
2. Bautrate. Leave this at 115200 unless your phone manufacture said otherwise. This works for the SC6820.
3. This will be automatically selected once you load the .pac file.
4. Where all the files are stored. You can actually extract these once you load a .pac file hehe :P .
5. Name of Each file. If its ticked it will be flashed. You can untick things you don't want to be flashed.
6. This is just if your going to build a .pac file from parts, don't worry about it that's a whole other thing.

Once your don't editing the settings you can go ahead and press Ok.

After your done press the arrow like button. This will start the process and have it ready for your phone.
Take the battery out of your phone now for at least 15 seconds. Place it back and plug in the usb while
simultaneously holding the volume down button. You should see in research download that it has started
flashing! ( You can let go of the volume key now :P) When it is finished just press the stop button and
disconnect your phone!

Feel free to ask questions, but PLEASE don't quote this whole thing. Quote sections!
Cheers!

Links
Research Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1g...0R2.9.7002.zip
Drivers: http://www.mediafire.com/download/cy...s%20LATEST.zip
Here is what i had done:
1.Loaded all the required drivers which include com port driver,usb debug drivers.
2.Loaded .pac firmware file into research downloader,baud rate selected 115200, and in windows PORTS also.
3.Clicked on play button and pressed volume down (and up key - next time) button then plugged in the micro usb cable.
4.It start detecting two ports vendor specific and status changes to CHECKING BAUDRATE which never ends.

My device is just refusing BOOT after the BOLT logo.
Tags
pac file, research download, sc6820, spreadtrum, tutorial