Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,687 Members 41,373 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

1337m rogers (need help updating)

Tip us?

dssking
Old
Thanks Meter 15
It this official firmware is loaded : Will it lockup the phone from being rooted and custom recovery from being installed??

Model: SGH-I337M

Model name: GALAXY S4

Version: Android 4.4.2

Changelist: 880525

Build date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 16:41:46 +0000

Product Code: RWC

PDA: I337MVLUFNC1

CSC: I337MOYAFNC1

MODEM: I337MVLUFNC1

Pellisco
Old
Thanks Meter 3
This happened with me too, but my device was not rooted or anything at the time. I just ended up going to Kies 3 and it asked to update, and worked perfectly fine.

If that doesn't work. try finding a stock rom, but other than that, the Kies method should work perfectly fine.

cantenna
Old
(Last edited by cantenna; 3rd April 2014 at 06:14 AM.)
Thanks Meter 75

dssking
Old
Thanks Meter 15
...Yes, but by updating via Kies or from Samsung Mobile Firmware, will it then lock up the phone and prevent
rooting and custom recovery?

Pellisco
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dssking View Post
...Yes, but by updating via Kies or from Samsung Mobile Firmware, will it then lock up the phone and prevent
rooting and custom recovery?
I'm not to sure about that, but when my phone had that message, I updated via Kies, and then I could root right after and everything was working fine as can be.

dssking
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Anyone load the 4.4.2 official from Samsung mobile yet? Did it prevent rooting and custom recovery?

I am having problems with my 7500mah battery (ZeroLemon). Plugged in for 4 hours and it only charged to 75%. The 7000mah on my S3
would fully charge in that time from approximately 10%.

Not happy with my S4 to this point.... Running the Skyfall ROM and the vibration is VERY week....... Anyone??
Suggestions?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellisco View Post
I'm not to sure about that, but when my phone had that message, I updated via Kies, and then I could root right after and everything was working fine as can be.

Pellisco
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dssking View Post
Anyone load the 4.4.2 official from Samsung mobile yet? Did it prevent rooting and custom recovery?

I am having problems with my 7500mah battery (ZeroLemon). Plugged in for 4 hours and it only charged to 75%. The 7000mah on my S3
would fully charge in that time from approximately 10%.

Not happy with my S4 to this point.... Running the Skyfall ROM and the vibration is VERY week....... Anyone??
Suggestions?????
I installed the original 4.4.2 stock Samsung rom. I ****ed something up hard and flashed that rom via Odin and everything seems to be working just fine. Also, I don't think it prevented rooting, as after I installed the stock rom, I rooted again and it worked fine.

Also, custom roms seem to be very buggy on GS4s for some reason. I know on certain roms sound, calling and texting all don't work. But the vibration might be a problem with the rom.

techker
Old
Thanks Meter 4
what you do for the wi-fi issue..